Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

General Question

I'm not really new at the tuner side of things, I had a civic si years back out of high school, modified it pretty well. My question is: Would it be a smarter move to go turbo back exhaust and intake or access port first, looking to get some more power to the ground. Probably a dumb question but looking at where is the best place to take off. [emoji106]

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Access Port will free up all the low end power that ford keeps locked up..

I guess it's just personal preference really. On all my cars I have all ways started with bolt ons first before AP's or time consuming mods. Intake, exhaust, springs, weight reduction, etc...

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
I guess it's just personal preference really. On all my cars I have all ways started with bolt ons first before AP's or time consuming mods. Intake, exhaust, springs, weight reduction, etc...
Very True and in the psst that was the Norm but this car and its Factory limited ECU tuning aka Torque Limited in 1-2 gears from the factory will wake up with just a quick flash from the AP and a OTS tune. Then you can bolt on more things to get stage 2 and 3. if you want to go that far. for the money a AP is the best first mod for this car..

Very True and in the psst that was the Norm but this car and its Factory limited ECU tuning aka Torque Limited in 1-2 gears from the factory will wake up with just a quick flash from the AP and a OTS tune. Then you can bolt on more things to get stage 2 and 3. if you want to go that far. for the money a AP is the best first mod for this car..
Hmm...I guess being that his question was about power to the wheels, I could say that you're reasoning makes sense. But how much power to the wheels do you make with a 500$ AP in comparison 500$ worth of bolt on's?

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Hmm...I guess being that his question was about power to the wheels, I could say that you're reasoning makes sense. But how much power to the wheels do you make with a 500$ AP in comparison 500$ worth of bolt on's?
Well If i recall my car was ok in the 1-2 gear change then 3rd gear really woke up STOCK. Got a AP flashed in a OTS stage 1 tune as I had the Drop in filter already no noticable imporvment there just lil more turbo noise. POPPEd in the Tune and WOW full torque in the 1-2 gears till redline at 7k now not that it matters the turbo runs out of umph after 4500 rpm (stock turbo that is) with a tune you get tire turning torque at 2500 rpm all the way till you shift not like factory where it is limited to like 200 ftlbs then went flat till shift 2nd gear much the same then hit gear and you went wow nice chirp. you will fine 1st gear almost not needed it revs so quick and you grab second and the fun keeps building as your engine can run wide open (safe wide open) with no factory limits . It is night and day difference ,,
I would have never thought that lil hand held could make the car like it should have been from the factory ... I loved it before I flashed to too btw .. lol

Lol I see. Welp, I guess AP is a good way to start XD. Guess I'll be ordering mine here shortly...

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Check with Randy at mountune and some of the other tuner shops like panda. they may offer a tuning service with purchace of the AP I know randy was working with a few floks to get them tunes for there bolt on they had on. worth a look.

Like rodmoe said, the ap will really wake your car up plus it is a base for future upgrades. of course every car is different in which upgrade is first but like we all keep saying you cant go wrong with it. and then once you get the ap save for the stuff to get you to different stages and you can unlock even more power. so sooner or later the ap becomes a purchase =) I chose mine first and couldn't be happier

and if you haven't already check out youtube for the cobb stage packages videos, it will give you an idea of what your car is in "base" and then with upgrades that way you can see and hear what we are trying to tell you. https://youtu.be/1_v8BuB5RsI

OP
Xtreme545
Thread Starter #12
Wow you guys are quick on the draw, looks like I'm ordering the AP come this weekend, thanks a lot fellows

OP
Xtreme545
Thread Starter #14
I've been looking over Cobb.com, might pull the trigger on the stage 2 package

OP
Xtreme545
Thread Starter #16
Don't get me wrong I love it stock, but ready for some more. Weather finally breaking and finally able to get her out of the garage after sitting all winter [emoji106]

haha yeah not bad at all and for the price if your already considering their parts then its a win, win.

As others have said, the AP is a really good first mod as a basis for future upgrades. Personally, I'm gonna go AP with OTS maps, bolt ons, then a custom tune once I'm done with those to tie everything together.

Wow you guys are quick on the draw, looks like I'm ordering the AP come this weekend, thanks a lot fellows
I installed Cobb AP with OTS Stage 1 last week. Imo it's how the car should have been from the factory. Which is funny because there's no added boost it's just ecu manipulation to unlock what's already there. It's like finding $10 in your pocket after you do laundry [party] But Stage 1 isn't going to let you go whoop up on wrxs or anything. And neither is Stage 2. But Stage 2 offers a better foundation for bolts ons down the road bc of the intercooler.

If I had it to do all over again, this is what I'd do:

1) Accessport, filter, flash to OTS Stage 1
2) Intercooler, flash to OTS Stage 2
3) Catted downpipe, flash to OTS Stage 3
4) Drive a month or so, then go with Panda or Freektune

What I actually did:

1) Accessport, filter, flash to OTS Stage 1
2) Intercooler, Intercooler Pipes, Intake, Catted Downpipe, flash to OTS Stage 3

Next, for me, will be the custom tune (discussing "power mods" only).