Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Getting fix0rzed

gtx3076

1000 Post Club
IMO this car isn't really about trying to go fast. It's more so about how the car handles the speed it has. A 5.0 Mustang and a Fist are totally different animals.
I've been seeing a lot of S280 posts lately...

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

OP
PunkST

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #42
No donor car. And no crustangs.
Insurance will have to order and source new parts. And thats where it adds up.

we'll see. Idk, progressive may take the car if it is totaled.
Buy it back and fix it yourself if it totals. Get to know someone at a body shop that can help out on straightening the frame and paint work. We trade off work with the body shop when it comes to our personal vehicles.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

OP
PunkST

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #47
Its good that you have that kind of arrangement. It would definitely help in my situation. Around here that type of thing isnt likely to happen at all.

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
I've had body work done by four different shops none of them have been spectacular. None have been bad, but they haven't been fantastic either. I hope it works out for you the way that you want.

My daily driver has been in the body shop three times comes out to about $6,000.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

OP
PunkST

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #49
^ 6000 total? all pretty minor scuffs? Or as bad as whats being shown.

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
^ 6000 total? all pretty minor scuffs? Or as bad as whats being shown.
The car got rear-ended that was only $500.

I went to check on my parents during a snowstorm yes we get them in the Southeast and a tree fell on my car $3,000. Roof damage is very expensive to fix, because all of the labor trying to remove the damaged not replace.

Last year a hail storm did $2,500.

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
The car got rear-ended that was only $500.

I went to check on my parents during a snowstorm yes we get them in the Southeast and a tree fell on my car $3,000. Roof damage is very expensive to fix, because all of the labor trying to remove the damaged not replace.

Last year a hail storm did $2,500.

I wonder if tesla will sell more cybertrucks in hail-prone areas, due to the super tough glass and body panels.

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
Noooooo... damn sorry to see this! However, am I crazy to say that the damage doesn't look THAT bad? For sure you'll need a headlight, radiator (apparently), fender, hood, and front bumper assembly... hard to say without seeing it in person, but I think if you wanted to repair it you have a good shot. It seems like these cars get totaled out for very little so I'm sure yours will be, but with a donor car this looks straightforward (from the pictures).
Yeah from the pics it looks like lots of body crumpling, but the frame appears relatively unthrashed and mechanical bits under the hood look mostly untouched. I'll cross my fingers that Punk is the luckiest person ever to hit a deer.

Man I have had amazing service with Progressive? What happened to you?

@PunkST I would recommend you push the adjuster to total the car. Depending on your year and mileage, you are likely owed a check in the 14k-15k range. If they offer you something lower make sure you have some comps ready to go on autotrader/cargurus WITH recaro seats to show them that you can't buy a comparable car with the same mileage with the check they are writing. You should walk away from this completely whole less your deductible. Also, Progressive covers $1k in modifications for free. So get your receipts together on aftermarket parts as well.
https://www.creditkarma.com/reviews/auto-insurance/single/id/progressive/

OP
PunkST

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #55
No call from progressive today. I was even a dumb dumb and left my phone at home all day. Which fate would have said that it was the time for them too 😅😅. May have to start hounding them

OP
PunkST

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #56
Sorry to hear this. Hopefully you stick around or get into another FiST. Always a solid poster here.
In the event that it is totaled, i might be lucky enough to get the mk6 gti im currently borrowing. Im really hoping its not. Because the gti doesnt feel as alive as the st. The dsg is fun, yeah. But its not the same.

OP
PunkST

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #58
Crap. I missed their call. And the folks handling my claim arent even in the midwest? Meaning i have to get up super early monday, and lose more sleep. Or im not gonna be able to get it handled. They close right as i go on lunch at 6 ( second shift). This is stressful and i dont deal with stress well.

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
Get a few CBD vape pens from social.
Works well for stress and anxiety. Maybe you have already tried it but it works well for me. The cinnamon and peppermint are both fantastic.
I worked second shift for years. Normal start time was 4 p.m..

OP
PunkST

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #60
At my place its 2:30. So its not terrible hours wise. Till you have to get something done, lol.

I have some. And ill be using it tonight.