Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Getting fix0rzed

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
Hasn't been my experience at all, but everyone has their situations.

Having the tile has had zero effect on being paid (in my experience); the money goes to the insured party whether they're holding a title or not (but I could see this one being VERY different depending on where you are... banks wouldn't want to be on the hook for a wrecked car). Idk, I've always come out far, FAR ahead when being paid directly for damage and would have been comparatively screwed if I just let them handle it.

Friend of mine went through the same thing last year; she was rear-ended and the insurance company wanted to bring it into their shop to fix it. She asked me about it; I said get quotes and tell the insurance company you want to be paid directly - they pushed back slightly but grudgingly said ok. She got a check for $2,500 and got the damage repaired and repainted for about $600, good as new.
Well glad it has worked out for you. Every state has different laws, so it's hard to compare.
Were I live unless you go to a discount poor quality paint & body shop,.you're going to pay $500 just to get a bumper painted.
I can't do body work I have no painting ability.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

OP
PunkST

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #102
Why couldn't you? Did the insurance company pay the shop directly instead of you? That's always a bad deal honestly; have them cut you the check and you can rebuild it or have it rebuilt as you see fit.
I was at work by the time the adjuster showed up to the shop ( 4 pm that day). I dont have time off i can take. And i dont have the paint knowledge or clean garage to rebuild my car. In a perfect world i would have had those things. Then again in a perfect world id have more than the fiesta st to drive around.

maestromaestro

1000 Post Club
It's a minor miracle that you don't have to wait for months for backordered parts. I am about to have my transmission rebuilt, and some stupid little seals and bearings can be out of stock with no ETA (nationally).

OP
PunkST

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #104
Id think id get a lawyer if they keep dicking me around that long.

OP
PunkST

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #106
Neither is my car im still paying for being tied up in a repair shop. Causing a massive headache and hassle in ones life if it were to stretch out halfway into February over 3 little parts. At that point i will have lost my patience you know.

maestromaestro

1000 Post Club
Neither is my car im still paying for being tied up in a repair shop. Causing a massive headache and hassle in ones life if it were to stretch out halfway into February over 3 little parts. At that point i will have lost my patience you know.
You didn’t have a rental car proviso in your policy? Subcompacts are probably under $20/day if rented through the dealership. As to the parts, as I posted earlier - to be expected. Ford isn’t stocking a lot of FiST parts, especially given that they aren’t planning on selling them here. A lawyer won’t help with that, I’m afraid.

And insurance companies aren’t afraid of lawyers - but, as the ambulance chasers know very well, they will pay for a nuisance to go away. For an $8k claim, few would bother.

OP
PunkST

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #108
Clearly you arent understanding the point of it. Ford should be getting people the parts they need in a timely fashion. The seals and things like that in the case of your transmission. In my situation If its still not fixed im gonna have to start getting the other 2 parties involved ( progressive and the repair shop) to get a fire lit under someones ass to get my car back. Yes i do have rental coverage. But thats gonna end up coming out of my pocket once my limit is reached if the car still isnt done. I have a feeling progressive wont cover a rental past that timeframe.

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
I was listening to Clark Howard yesterday a financial consumer advocate great guy. Anyway this person had a Honda product it was involved in a wreck and he was without the car for a good 30 days.
The reason the guy had called in was to see was it worth getting rental car coverage for like $60 a year per vehicle the answer was yes.
I know that's not going make you feel better but its not just Ford.

Both my wife and mom work in the medical industry there's a shortage of medicines and medical products.
Obviously not car parts but what's more important the point being there's a shortage of everything. Why I have no clue.

maestromaestro

1000 Post Club
Clearly you arent understanding the point of it. Ford should be getting people the parts they need in a timely fashion. The seals and things like that in the case of your transmission. In my situation If its still not fixed im gonna have to start getting the other 2 parties involved ( progressive and the repair shop) to get a fire lit under someones ass to get my car back. Yes i do have rental coverage. But thats gonna end up coming out of my pocket once my limit is reached if the car still isnt done. I have a feeling progressive wont cover a rental past that timeframe.
Clearly. I think I remember reading something de Cervantes wrote that’s apropos. Good luck.

OP
PunkST

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #111
Both my wife and mom work in the medical industry there's a shortage of medicines and medical products.
Obviously not car parts but what's more important the point being there's a shortage of everything. Why I have no clue.

It might be one of the first signs of economic collapse in the country.

OP
PunkST

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #112
Wednesday update. No parts yet. Dealership has to go out of network to source them. And where they were sent from isnt giving the dealership a straight answer. Hopefully ill get more info later today.

OP
PunkST

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #113
A positive thursday update. The missing parts arrived today. Hoping they are correct and that its not much longer now. Currently driving a rental chrysler 300. Its stereo is better than the fiST. I need to work on that.

OP
PunkST

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #114
Tuesday night update. We had a major storm dump a huge amount of snow over last weekend. So my car has been pushed back due to tow truck duty. Which is understandable. But im getting antsy to get my car back. Will call tomorrow and see how things are

We had a major storm dump a huge amount of snow over last weekend. So my car has been pushed back due to tow truck duty.
I don't understand what that has to do with a dealership fixing your car... or can you just not actually pick it up? Hope the wait is over soon!

OP
PunkST

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #116
Dealership isnt fixing the car. A smaller local shop is.

OP
PunkST

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #117
Todays update. Had to extend my rental of the lx platform car im driving. No reply at all from the shop. And progressive couldnt get ahold of them either. Im getting rather irritated. And my mind keeps going worst case scenario that this guy pretty much stole my car and stripped it for parts. I went with him because ford has a huge backlog of crashed cars to fix. Now im regretting letting anyone but me touch the car again.

OP
PunkST

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #119
I may have to. I shouldnt. But im gonna have to start getting mean with this shop.

I know the feels. Mine ended up being like 4 full weeks at the body shop over a bumper and quarter-panel (2 week original estimate, plus like 1 week delay due to insurance/body shop miscommunication and 1 week delay due to parts being hard to find).

Ugh, there weren't words for how much I missed the car in the meanwhile. Don't even remember what they gave me for a rental, just wanted my car back. I was so pissed after I missed an autocross weekend and got the car back Tuesday morning and find out that the fucking delay that kept me from picking it up before the weekend was that they hadn't had time to give it a detail yet... I was like, I can clean my own fucking car, I've been calling for updates almost every day asking when I could pick it up and you keep it over the weekend for a detail!?!?!?!

Anyways, hope you two are reunited again soon!