Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Getting fix0rzed

OP
PunkST

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #121
IMG_20200212_193253_320.jpg

Does this look like the intake manifold got cracked right by the port for the evap purge? I keep zeroing in on that. I know the evap purge line got busted.

Plainrt

1000 Post Club
I have been dealing with paint issues on my spice orange for months. Pita color to have matched and I’m sure the molten orange pita also. Check it over good when pickup. I picked mine up on a cloudy day and soon as a day with sun came along I was pissed.

OP
PunkST

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #123
I will. And while it would suck. It would give me an excuse for custom paint down the road

OP
PunkST

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #124
😑😑😑😑😑😑😑😑😑😑😑😑😑😑😑😑😑😑😑 ford sent the wrong effing grille again!!!!

It was a standard fiesta black and chrome. IN AN ST LABELED BOX.

i shouldnt have bothered repairing the car. The parent company doesnt even give 2 shits about sending the right parts anymore.

Not so sure i want to keep the car because of this mess.

borborpa

Premium Account
😑😑😑😑😑😑😑😑😑😑😑😑😑😑😑😑😑😑😑 ford sent the wrong effing grille again!!!!

It was a standard fiesta black and chrome. IN AN ST LABELED BOX.

i shouldnt have bothered repairing the car. The parent company doesnt even give 2 shits about sending the right parts anymore.

Not so sure i want to keep the car because of this mess.
Yikes. Sorry about your luck so far, but hopefully it's back to normal soon, and once you are behind the wheel again you'll get that smile we all get when we drive the FiST!

OP
PunkST

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #126
Thanks for being optimistic. This has just been a nightmare for me mentally.

OP
PunkST

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #129
Got the car back today. But im not very pleased with the work. Im rather pissed that im gonna have to now go through his work with a fine tooth comb and make sure everything is actually re assembled properly.

OP
PunkST

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #130
20200219_123315.jpg 20200219_123306.jpg 20200219_123235_HDR.jpg o 20200219_123207.jpg 20200219_123149.jpg

On top of all this my cooling fan assembly is floppy and loose. Idk what the hell to do. I dont want that dipshit touching my car again. Looks like im repairing it correctly because people cannot be trusted.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
View attachment 28016 View attachment 28017 View attachment 28018 o View attachment 28019 View attachment 28020

On top of all this my cooling fan assembly is floppy and loose. Idk what the hell to do. I dont want that dipshit touching my car again. Looks like im repairing it correctly because people cannot be trusted.
They need to be informed.....didnt you bring it too a ferd dealer and then they subbed it out? They need to be informed ASAP....so they can fix it....who do you have insurance through again? If its Progressive...their work it guaranteed for LIFE. Bring it to one of their repair centers if you do and they will fix and charge the last shop for their Fuckup. Keep us up too date

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

OP
PunkST

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #133
I used the guy at the towing yard who does repairs. Ford had a big backlog. I called insurance. I left him a nasty message. It is through progressive, i feel like im better off just fixing it on my own, i habe really hard time trusting shops to do the work right. They dont care as long as they get paid. Who knows what other crap this guy pulled to get my car going again.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
The sad thing is....Only time will Tell. When some dumbass in an Odyssey clipped my Typhoon I had what I thought was a reputable body shop I had worked with in the past....but found out it was Privately owned..not the corporate ones I had worked with in the past....I'm still finding shit wrong with my Typhoon....headlamp held in with Chicken Wire....random nuts and bolts in the Fender well under the hood. I know the feeling all too well....And this Turd at the body shop spent weeks trying to find a wheel arch cladding after I told him that Hey you will have issues finding it....didn't listen and wasted weeks trying and I found one In 2 hours. I later found out from a friend they let an apprentice work on it.....I was like Really....WTF. Like i said.....Bring it to an actual Progressive Repair facility....they will take care of it. Good luck....don't stop until you are happy/satisfied either ....its what you pay them for!

OP
PunkST

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #136
Idk where a progressive repair facility is near me. And progressive told me over the phone any further repairs are going to be out of pocket. So i may as well take care of it myself.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Why would you have to pay for anything out of pocket when they clearly didn't finish the Job all the way? This is called services NOT being rendered. Climb the Progressive chain of unhappiness....I know I would.

OP
PunkST

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #138
Thats what i was told over the phone. This whole thing was handled somewhat poorly because im not somebody with a maserati or some other highly valuable car and lots of money. Thats the country we live in now. Half assed work, screwing customers over, and stepping on others for the sake of profit.

borborpa

Premium Account
Agreed. Don't take that shit. I'm pretty sure they are required to restore your car to the condition it was in before. Albeit that can be with aftermarket parts depending on the insurance, but it still needs to be done, and done correctly.