Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Getting fix0rzed

OP
PunkST

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #141
Im in the position where i have no choices. No answer from the shop. They already got paid so why should they care. All i can do is leave a negative review oh FB and google.

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
You have to learn to fight. I have been to battle many times in life. When you call the insurance company and they are not giving you the answers that you want or need you demand to speak to their boss and so on. You leave bad reviews, you contact the better business bureau you just keep on going. This includes the body shop and the insurance company.

You have also learned a life lesson never take your car to a body shop that puts off body work to tow cars. I have never heard of such a thing.
How is the paint? What about body gaps?

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
PunkST

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #143
Paint looks good where its painted. Underside center wasnt painted at all. Passenger replacement fender doesnt look like it lines up well at the bottom staring down the car. Probably a cheap ass replica same with the hood. Has a sticker from china on it under the hood.

OP
PunkST

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #144
Either way i now have a car that i owe 8k one, looks like its worth 5k. And its actually worthless since it was hit repaired poorly. May as well go widebody and beat the crap out of it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sucks to hear, but if I'm understanding correct the insurance money was paid out to "random tow mechanic", so I don't think Progressive is going to step up and do anything just because that independent mechanic didn't do a great job (correct me if that's wrong). If all else fails and the paint/alignment is bothersome, you can look for a factory-colored fender and hood from salvage. .

OP
PunkST

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #146
Pretty much. Thats what i get for putting faith in people. I could habe done a way better job and i cant paint a car. 😞

OP
PunkST

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #147
The missing hardware all over is the real bother. And the fact that i need to re do most of the work.

Im going to need some. Pics from some other owners to make sure some parts are correct as well. I have my doubts that the right fan assembly is on the car with how loose it fits.

^[ figured out why its loose. He just cut the fan off the busted bits and slapped it back in.

Last edited:
OP
PunkST

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #148
Insurance is going to have the adjuster who handled my claim call me. Im not even remotely optimistic that they are going to do something to get my car fixed right.

SteveS

1000 Post Club
The missing hardware all over is the real bother. And the fact that i need to re do most of the work.

Im going to need some. Pics from some other owners to make sure some parts are correct as well. I have my doubts that the right fan assembly is on the car with how loose it fits.

^[ figured out why its loose. He just cut the fan off the busted bits and slapped it back in.
This is the part that Progressive will have to act upon. It is actually a safety hazard to have all those missing fasteners I saw in the photos you posted, and if the parts are incorrect. You just have to keep at them instead of just wringing your hands, not that it's wrong to vent. But you can't vent and leave it at that. You have to persist in making them do what they are required to do.

In my experience over 44 years of driving, I've had to deal with getting bodywork several times, and the insurance company was always helpful in making sure the repairs were done right and to my satisfaction.

Last edited:
OP
PunkST

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #152
Got back last night from my trip. Car is starting normally after. Repair guy spent a while cleaning the wiring eyelets and contacts on the starter. have the new starter just incase. ( he saw the install vid where they take the intake manifold off and it scared him a bit, which is understandable)

Habe a greddy evolution catback coming from ron @ whoosh so im excited for that as well 🙂.

OP
PunkST

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #153
Got down to 32 tonight and the car threw a fit but started after fewer key cycles than last week. Warmer than that and it fires right up. Looks like im doing that starter as well as the catback this weekend. I think the old one got kinda wrecked sitting for a month with the cold and snow. And it probably got soaked in coolant from the hit. Who knows. Im gonna re adjust my neutral safety switch to rule that out. Just to make sure im getting good contact.

OP
PunkST

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #154
More damage that they didnt fix. They peeled my banner off the glass. But didnt replace the busted glass. Maybe hoping i wouldnt notice.
20200302_105305.jpg

OP
PunkST

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #156
Yeah. Got ahold of his boss. That got him to respond. Hes gonna see what the folks he paid for the windsheild actually did or didnt do.

OP
PunkST

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #157
Ok folks when it comes to replacing the windshield. The trim pieces around the side of it. Any of that one time use only??? Curious incase i have to run to ford and order some stuff to arrive thursday. Im really hoping it can get re used as i dont wanna be spending my own cash to replace parts that should be replaced from the crash that someone didnt do right.

OP
PunkST

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #160
They are. Idk im just a little paranoid i guess. This has been kind of a fiasco.