Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

GoFastBits Diverter Valve

To those with the GFB diverter valve and cone filter type intake. Does this sound normal? The research I've done says surging/flutter under boost is horrible, but out of boost is fine. I was expecting low RPM flutter but thought I'd get that "whoosh" sound at high boost.

Attachments

You may want to post it on Youtube.
I am hesitant to click/download that file for security reasons and I am probably not the only one.

Yeah, mine doesn't do that.
Have you checked to see if you have a real one or one of the fakes? It sucks, but it happens.

jeffreylyon

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
You're hearing compressor surge. That's exactly what a BOV/BPV is supposed to stop as it's not good for the turbo. I have the GFB DV; the only time I hear a wee bit of flutter is when snapping the throttle off of very little boost at low revs with the windows down. My guess is that the connector isn't seated or the valve piston is jammed closed. I don't hear any difference coming of of high boost over the stock value.