Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

GPS/Compass module removal

Hey guys,

It’s been a very long, very stressful day that I wish I could go back and stop myself from starting. Long story short in a fit of anger I snipped the GPS/compass module b/c it kept falling down off the windshield. In doing this my windows will now not roll up or down and my car doesn’t recognize the key unless it’s right up against the steering column.

Like I know I’m gonna have to take it to ford but would anyone know as to why it might affect all that other stuff besides just the gps system?

Thanks guys

haste

1000 Post Club
Try resetting the electronics. Remove the negative/positive connections from the battery and touch them together to discharge all latent voltage...worth a shot.

I'm guessing the module for navigation is tied into everything else in the car. You may be able to remove said module/programming with Forscan but my knowledge in this area is very limited.

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
Actually nvm mine is still disconnected, I disabled gps via ForScan. I can't remember where I found it specifically but it's in there.

OP
LiftedCulture
Thread Starter #5
Post a picture of what you cut and what it looks like now. I ran my car for weeks with the module disconnected.
I will post pics once I get home, this all happened before I went out of town and I took another vehicle.