Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

GR Supra Heritage Edition

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
I fear it will not have Toyota’s reliability i.e reliable and not expensive to maintain or needing lots of maintenance ..but be much more like a BMW reliable but high maintenance and expensive therein.
I didn't want to be the first one to say it :p
but this, so much this. The 2jz was a ridiculously tough, reliable powerplant with So. much. potential. A modern BMW powerplant is... not that. Sure, they can be tough (compared to other modern BMW engines). They can be reliable (compared to other modern BMW engines). But they're never going to be 2jz tough, or 2jz reliable.

The existence of the new Supra means we'll never get a turbocharged or more powerful FRS/86/BRZ - and for that, I am sad. If they released a 300ish hp 86, nobody would buy the new Supra, so they're definitely not going to cannibalize their "Halo" car.

MagnetiseST

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I didn't want to be the first one to say it :p
but this, so much this. The 2jz was a ridiculously tough, reliable powerplant with So. much. potential. A modern BMW powerplant is... not that. Sure, they can be tough (compared to other modern BMW engines). They can be reliable (compared to other modern BMW engines). But they're never going to be 2jz tough, or 2jz reliable.

The existence of the new Supra means we'll never get a turbocharged or more powerful FRS/86/BRZ - and for that, I am sad. If they released a 300ish hp 86, nobody would buy the new Supra, so they're definitely not going to cannibalize their "Halo" car.
I disagree. I think they would give it more power and release an updated 86. Two totally different markets.

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
Let me clarify - if the car makes someone happy, more power to them. I’m not a die hard Supra fan, but I think I kinda get some of the disappointment and just tried to articulate what I think causes it. A lot of the mk4 Supra fans have never driven a *stock* one or they might have a different opinion of them lol. I’d rather have a resto modded 240z any day over a Supra. Now if that new Supra had been a new 240z, well, that’s be different. It’d be a great fit.

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
If anybody wants to give me one I will keep it. At first I did not like it, but it has grown on me. It has excellent performance and it stands out.
My dream car is a Lexus LC500.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk