Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Great Cars Nobody Bought in 2019

HBEcoBeaST

The first 3 r8s I saw of this current generation were on the side of the road lol. Love how they look though and I prefer them to a huracan (haven't driven the Evo)

Too bad the Veloster N is only heavily discounted on the base models. The sport performance or whatever trim is still MSRP at $31k.

The GLI anniversary edition is a steal for $23k but it's ugly and not a hatch....

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

jeff

2000 Post Club
Great article, it’s a sign of the times, the enjoyment of driving an incredibly designed machine is lost in our culture of convenience and autonomy. Some friends and I were having breakfast this morning and discusshow amazing it is to watch an odometer move while you’re driving, if you have a car old enough to have a physical odometer that is. That kind of appreciation and visceral enjoyment of cars is getting rare.

I don’t know how many of these sold, but the Kia stinger should be added to that list. When I was shopping a month ago and considering one I found 109 of them within a couple hundred miles of me for sale, brand new, deeply discounted. Amazing car. Yet I bought an SUV so I am part of the problem, but I had good reasons.

Still have the FIESTA though.

ROCKYFiestta

the stinger looks great in person as well there was a episode on everyday driver regarding the stinger vs a bmw. i was blown away that a 70 year old lady came out of the drivers seat and walked into the taco bell right before me, i was shocked at her and the massive brembo brakes on the car. i thought to myself if was in the market for a used stinger i would buy it off that old lady lol

gtx3076

1000 Post Club
People have other priorities. My wife has zero interest in speed or g-forces. The softer, quieter, more comfortable the better for her. Also, the people with the most purchasing power are mostly boomers and gen Xers who have slower reflexes, mobility issues and have aches and sores.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
I would love a Lexus LC 500.
I would also love a Porsche with the naturally-aspirated 6 cylinder.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
The first 3 r8s I saw of this current generation were on the side of the road lol. Love how they look though and I prefer them to a huracan (haven't driven the Evo)

Too bad the Veloster N is only heavily discounted on the base models. The sport performance or whatever trim is still MSRP at $31k.

The GLI anniversary edition is a steal for $23k but it's ugly and not a hatch....

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Have you tried using truecar, or checking with your insurance company to see if they have a car buying program? I got a quote in writing for $27.5 for a veloster N performance locally. I used the USAA car buying service (leverages True Car's infrastructure with additional negotiated discounts).

Dpro

6000 Post Club
People have other priorities. My wife has zero interest in speed or g-forces. The softer, quieter, more comfortable the better for her. Also, the people with the most purchasing power are mostly boomers and gen Xers who have slower reflexes, mobility issues and have aches and sores.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
This is a broad generalized statement. LOL

I know quite a few boomers and gen X’rs that ride motorcycles and drive sports cars and have damn quick reflexes. In fact If you came for a drive with our group a number of us would show you just the opposite of your claims above.

gtx3076

1000 Post Club
This is a broad generalized statement. LOL

I know quite a few boomers and gen X’rs that ride motorcycles and drive sports cars and have damn quick reflexes. In fact If you came for a drive with our group a number of us would show you just the opposite of your claims above.
My point still stands, the majority of boomers or even Xers are not car or motorcycle enthusiasts, but they are more likely to be further along in their careers, have children out of the house, and have more disposable income, so car manufacturers will produce vehicles that appeal to them.

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
I think we can just agree to disagree on that one. I worked at a senior center for 2 years. Maybe in your area it's different but where I live it's common for older people especially retired ones to actually own a sporty car. I think a lot of Men want to get back into something fun they want to feel younger. Sure many of them also own a truck but they got a nice car in the garage.

gtx3076

1000 Post Club
I think we can just agree to disagree on that one. I worked at a senior center for 2 years. Maybe in your area it's different but where I live it's common for older people especially retired ones to actually own a sporty car. I think a lot of Men want to get back into something fun they want to feel younger. Sure many of them also own a truck but they got a nice car in the garage.

Trucks especially have gotten plush, and the reviews of sports cars go on about how comfortable the ponies are these days with magnaride suspensions and such. Still though, the buyers are pointed towards vehicles that sit higher off the ground, so trucks, suvs, cuvs. I'm sure a quick google search on new car sale demographics would support that statement.

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
Trucks especially have gotten plush, and the reviews of sports cars go on about how comfortable the ponies are these days with magnaride suspensions and such. Still though, the buyers are pointed towards vehicles that sit higher off the ground, so trucks, suvs, cuvs. I'm sure a quick google search on new car sale demographics would support that statement.
I really don't understand what your point is people are still going to buy sports cars. Just because the majority buy a particular thing doesn't mean nobody wants a sports car. Millions of people still do.

gtx3076

1000 Post Club
I really don't understand what your point is people are still going to buy sports cars. Just because the majority buy a particular thing doesn't mean nobody wants a sports car. Millions of people still do.

My point is that there shouldn't be any confusion as to why there were "great cars in 2019 that nobody bought", or why the big car companies are ending production of sedans and hot hatches.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
My point still stands, the majority of boomers or even Xers are not car or motorcycle enthusiasts, but they are more likely to be further along in their careers, have children out of the house, and have more disposable income, so car manufacturers will produce vehicles that appeal to them.
Actually its a reverse of that gen Xr‘s and boomers were more into sports care and motorcycle at younger ages and are more than likely to own sports cars vs the younger millennial. Its a cultural fact the majority of them ( Millennials) are not even interested in cars in general besides catching their Lyft or Uber.

When were young lots were into motorcylces and Sports cars. From drag races in the back parking lot in high school to mountain runs to drifting everytime it rained. All those people have grown up and now own not only a SUV or truck for the family but their favorite sports car or muscle car and bikes in the garage.

First hand experience here observed lots of friends been into cars my whole life and I pay attention to what my peers do.

gtx3076

1000 Post Club
Actually its a reverse of that gen Xr‘s and boomers were more into sports care and motorcycle at younger ages and are more than likely to own sports cars vs the younger millennial. Its a cultural fact the majority of them ( Millennials) are not even interested in cars in general besides catching their Lyft or Uber.

When were young lots were into motorcylces and Sports cars. From drag races in the back parking lot in high school to mountain runs to drifting everytime it rained. All those people have grown up and now own not only a SUV or truck for the family but their favorite sports car or muscle car and bikes in the garage.

First hand experience here observed lots of friends been into cars my whole life and I pay attention to what my peers do.
So, a car enthusiast that hangs out with a community of car enthusiasts doesn't understand why there were great cars nobody bought in 2019.

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
People did buy them just not that many. I mean some of those cars are over $100,000 those don't sell a lot anyway.

You act like because the majority don't buy them that nobody buys them. Just because people have become more interested in SUVs and crossovers doesn't mean nobody wants a sports car.

Alright done arguing with you I got to workout.

Last edited:

Dpro

6000 Post Club
So, a car enthusiast that hangs out with a community of car enthusiasts doesn't understand why there were great cars nobody bought in 2019.
You are changing the script with this question lol. I responded to your comment about boomers and gen X’rs go back and read your comment that elicited my response .
It has nothing to do with us understanding it has to do with you using us as a reason for the original subject with the claim that we are not into or do not buy sports cars. I called foul on that because the truth is boomers and Gen X’rs are more likely to own sports cars versus millennials which completely turns your claim on its head .

I would also say some of those so called great cars come with major drawbacks and whoever wrote the article did not take those flaws into account As well as overpricing.

Veloster N 3 door strangeNess, Miata almost good looking but not quite, BRZ and FT86 underpowered for the chassis, Audi R8 well its a fricken Audi which means dealership visits expensive to keep up and drop it the minute the warranty is up. Those are just a few points of issues with the cars they listed as great.

Now Caymen is nice but pricey for what it is, Especially when 9 years ago it was like 10k less new. No the cost of things has not gone up that much
Beauty is in the eye of beholder and some people are blinded by desire to seeing foibles . Lol

We also have money like you said so we can buy exactly what we want so we are not stuck to a lot of the BS being offered by new car makers.
I could have bought a Caymen I bought a FiST. Why because its insanely fun and a amazing deal for the money. I may still buy a used “Caymen when I sell my BMW.
So you I throw water all over your all your statements . Lol

gtx3076

1000 Post Club
You are changing the script with this question lol. I responded to your comment about boomers and gen X’rs go back and read your comment that elicited my response .
It has nothing to do with us understanding it has to do with you using us as a reason for the original subject with the claim that we are not into or do not buy sports cars. I called foul on that because the truth is boomers and Gen X’rs are more likely to own sports cars versus millennials which completely turns your claim on its head .

I would also say some of those so called great cars come with major drawbacks and whoever wrote the article did not take those flaws into account As well as overpricing.

Veloster N 3 door strangeNess, Miata almost good looking but not quite, BRZ and FT86 underpowered for the chassis, Audi R8 well its a fricken Audi which means dealership visits expensive to keep up and drop it the minute the warranty is up. Those are just a few points of issues with the cars they listed as great.

Now Caymen is nice but pricey for what it is, Especially when 9 years ago it was like 10k less new. No the cost of things has not gone up that much
Beauty is in the eye of beholder and some people are blinded by desire to seeing foibles . Lol

We also have money like you said so we can buy exactly what we want so we are not stuck to a lot of the BS being offered by new car makers.
I could have bought a Caymen I bought a FiST. Why because its insanely fun and a amazing deal for the money. I may still buy a used “Caymen when I sell my BMW.
So you I throw water all over your all your statements . Lol
My statement is waterproof, and still stands. X and Boom are favoring suv's, crossovers and trucks, they have the most purchasing power, therefore that's where most of the sales are. Sedans and hot hatches have been nixed because they generate less profit and the buyers aren't buying them. The Land Cruiser on that list was the only vehicle on there that wasn't a coupe/sedan/hatchback.