Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Greater steering effort when turning left

Feels like my steering is heavier when rounding a left hand bend. When turning right/cornering right the steering feels lighter. Anyone else notice this? My alignment seems fine.. maybe pulls right just a touch sometimes, but I attributed that to the crown in the road. Anyone else notice this?

stuntdoogie

2000 Post Club
I definatley feel that on certain type of roads. Maybe its the roads I dunno. I felt that with stock suspension and now with coils and new alignment.

Sounds like a normal steering reaction to roads that are "crowned". When I lived in Ohio, many of the state routes were extremely crowned which caused a similar steering feel to what you are experiencing. Interestingly, the Tennessee (where I live now) state routes have very little "crown" or no "crown" which has an opposite effect. So, I hope this helps ease your mind...

OP
scenicroadways
Thread Starter #5
Thanks for the responses, It probably is my imagination. I've noticed this feeling more in my later cars with electric steering than I used to with the old hydraulic racks. And NOOO nascar option here! lol