Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Gt1 spring rate 🤷‍♂️ 6/4 or 6/5

I plan on ordering the Meisterr gt1 Coilovers soon but can’t choose between 6/4 or 6/5 spring rates. I have a hotchkis rear sway bar, mishimoto trunk brace, dna racing rear strut bar, Mountune front lower chassis brace, pm front strut bar, pm 2 point brace, pm torsion bar, and plan to replace the front sway bar with an st suspensions sway bar. I have 17x8 konig wheels with 215/40 r17 Pirelli P Zero Nero GT’s. Help me choose.

kivnul

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
What are you currently using (stock struts?) and what are you doing?(autox, track, dragrace, get groceries, etc.)

I have the CRD's at the 5/3. I think the balance between front and back is OK and the ride is just a tad firmer than stock. I do wish for stiffer for autocross but am wary of how it would feel for daily driving.

OP
R
Thread Starter #3
I used to have Bilstein b14 but didn’t like it so I’m currently on spec r lowering springs on stock struts

I have ZERO first hand experience, but I've been researching my suspension mods (so take it all with a grain of salt).

What type of driving are you wanting to be setup for? This will play a big role.

Since you currently have such a firm rear with the rear sway and torsion bar, I would be cautious about adding proportionally more spring rate on the rear. With your current Swift Spec R setup, being equal 212/212 lbs front and rear, are you feeling oversteering at the limit? This may hint at your next upgrades. Especially increasing the spring rate front and back, you may consider removing the torsion bar and/or rear sway instead of adding a stiffer front sway since the spring rate will help limit body roll and still maintain better predicability.

Again, all theoretical on my part right now, but just sharing my mental process!