Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

H&R 10mm spacer question

stuntdoogie

2000 Post Club
I have 16x7 e42 rota grids and want to install these spacers. Would i need to replace the stock studs for shorter ones for wheels to fit?

FistSt215

I always get a little iffy with spacers . I hear a lot of stories about them "it's not safe it's not safe"

iso100

1000 Post Club
Quality hubcentric spacers are no more dangerous than just wheels with more offset.

OP
S

stuntdoogie

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #7
The only thing i see that can go bad from spacers are the bearings if you go too far in offset. Adding 10mm would put my offset at 32mm. My main concern is the stock studs. Will they stick out too far out of the spacer which will prevent the wheel to sit flush on the spacer?

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
I have some 5 and 10 mm H&R spacers that came with longer studs, the 10mm are hub centric, the 5mm are not. I am not going to be able to use them so if interested let me know:)

Studs are not terribly difficult to install and a good idea when using spacers to ensure enough threads on the lugs nuts.

They are likely stronger than stock studs but I have not checked on that as did not intend to use them as have ARP race studs already installed.

OP
S

stuntdoogie

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #9
I have some 5 and 10 mm H&R spacers that came with longer studs, the 10mm are hub centric, the 5mm are not. I am not going to be able to use them so if interested let me know:)

Studs are not terribly difficult to install and a good idea when using spacers to ensure enough threads on the lugs nuts.

They are likely stronger than stock studs but I have not checked on that as did not intend to use them as have ARP race studs already installed.
Pmed