Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

H street 225-50-16 what would it take

Cjw

Good afternoon, been reading up and see a lot of guys running 205 bridge stones or 215 rivals.. what would it take to run 225 bridgestone legally on these cars.
I believe the rules still state -/+ 7 mm of offset either way, I’ve read a 225 will rub the inside, could one run a 16x7 with a 42mm offset and it fit? Anybody tried, or anybody think that would push the tire out past the fender too far? So either a 225/45 or 225/50? Has it been done successfully?

We talking stock wheels? Lowering springs / coilovers? Willing to roll your front fenders at all?

OP
C

Cjw

Thread Starter #3
Stock class allows for 1” smaller or larger, same width wheels, +/- 7mm offset
Stock suspension possibly Koni yellows. Can not roll fenders

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Most on here will say that is way too little stretch for an autocross setup.

But I remember Mark Daddio running autocross compound BFG Comp TA g forces in 245/50-16s on factory 'Stang 16x7s on his fox body somewhat successfully, way back in the day, so maybe not. [dunno]

I checked the rule book, you're spot on. I've never run that tire or heard of any competitors who have. What's your goal? Even at the lowest sidewall height, 225/45, you're looking at 1/2 inch taller overall, which will hurt acceleration. For autox events, I see no advantage to running that tire over a 205 or 215. If your aim is an aesthetic personal preference then I can immagine you can get away with a 42mm offset and the tire would fit, but with the additional height, you will likely rub the outer fender. Looking at pics of ST's at autox events, the OEM wheel under suspension load is stuffed up under that fender pretty good. With the additional wheel offset and tire width, that's around 3/4 inch closer to the fender. I can't see a 225 fitting for competition under current H street rules.

OP
C

Cjw

Thread Starter #7
I’ll take everyone’s advice and stick with a 205/50.. what’s most people running for shocks? I’ve been a fan of Koni yellow and know with street class you can run an adjustable shock, so what’s popular?

I'm running 225/45R15s on 15x8" TDs, but I'm in STH.
I'm a big fan of the Bilstein B6s, because I'm not patient enough or suspension engineer-y enough to dial Konis in properly, and they ride great compared to the stock units.