Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Half Shaft seal said "Goodbye" today

OP
O
Thread Starter #21
At least one leak, from somewhere, has returned. Will return to dealer Monday.

OP
O
Thread Starter #22
Meagan,

Could you please contact me? I'm unable to send you a PM for some reason.

OP
O
Thread Starter #24
Meagan,

Thank you so much! I was contacted by the service mngr at Riverside. They are gonna see me Monday. Fingers crossed fora successful resolution. I just wanted Ford to be aware of this issue. Thanks again!

Meagan,

Thank you so much! I was contacted by the service mngr at Riverside. They are gonna see me Monday. Fingers crossed fora successful resolution. I just wanted Ford to be aware of this issue. Thanks again!
Sorry about the delay in responding. Has everything been taken care of?

Meagan

OP
O
Thread Starter #26
Things are not going well. I took the car in first thing Monday with the transmission leak still there, but it definitely leaks less since they replaced the axle seals. I have not heard anything from Riverside either yesterday or today. When I did drop it off, the service manager said if it needed a new transmission there were none in the US. I tried calling them twice today and all I get is voicemail. I still have not received the service report from the first time I dropped it off to get it repaired (last Monday and Tuesday). I mailed my first payment in yesterday. Hard to swallow for a car that is sitting in the shop... I've owned it 27 days. 4 days in the shop and counting...

OP
O
Thread Starter #27
Heard from service dept. They put dye in the transmission and are driving it to find out where the leak is now.

OP
O
Thread Starter #28
Got the car back tonite. They put 150 miles on it and saw no leaks. They steam cleaned under the car. I hope everything is ok. Told me to bring it back if it starts leaking.

Got the car back tonite. They put 150 miles on it and saw no leaks. They steam cleaned under the car. I hope everything is ok. Told me to bring it back if it starts leaking.
I'm glad to hear everything's been taken care of. :) Keep me in the loop if you have to go back.

Meagan

haste

1000 Post Club
Glad you got it fixed...but man, the last thing I want is some technician putting 150 miles on my car...I can only imagine how they would drive it.

OP
O
Thread Starter #31
I think everything was fine. I have a friend who is a tech at the dealership and I don't think my car would have been abused. Hopefully....

re-rx7

1000 Post Club
I have a leak on my passnger side seal. Not bad. Its more of a coating around where the half shaft goes into the trans. Leaking around the copper part.

me32

1000 Post Club
I have a leak on my passnger side seal. Not bad. Its more of a coating around where the half shaft goes into the trans. Leaking around the copper part.
I wonder if it's a common thing?

OP
O
Thread Starter #35
A little bit of fluid "weep" around the axle seals is pretty normal. But a "leak" is not. Keep an eye on the seals. Mine were leaking like rain water.