Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Hard race control arms

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Are these just painted OEM arms with new bushings?
from the product description :
  • ED Coating in Metallic Blue for durability
  • Hardened steel construction
  • Uprated bushings
  • RC (roll center) Ball Joints

OP
T
Thread Starter #4
I can tell you one thing I’ll never put the moog ones in my car . I didn’t know it had them and when I pulled the ball joints down they were siezed up so bad I had to hit the top with a hammer to get them to slightly move. Just a psa for anyone looking to get them. Hopefully these are better.

OP
T
Thread Starter #5
It’s always fun tearing into a car that was previously modified haha I’ve had my car since august and I’ve found so many things that I can tell we’re previously done and reverted back to stock or some aftermarket left on. Either way I’m gonna have that car like new soon. I’m working on the suspension now. And after that it’s to power supporting mods and then to the big boy power 😂

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
from the product description :
  • ED Coating in Metallic Blue for durability
  • Hardened steel construction
  • Uprated bushings
  • RC (roll center) Ball Joints
So coated OEM arms with upgraded bushings. I'll keep this upgrade in mind for the future.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I can tell you one thing I’ll never put the moog ones in my car . I didn’t know it had them and when I pulled the ball joints down they were siezed up so bad I had to hit the top with a hammer to get them to slightly move. Just a psa for anyone looking to get them. Hopefully these are better.
Most on here seem to think that the Moog Problem Solvers are the best you can do for replacement ball joints/bushings into the existing factory control arms. [???:)]

Do you know of anything better (if not going this whole Hard Race arm replacement route) for OEM style replacement ball joints/bushings??

OP
T
Thread Starter #9
Most on here seem to think that the Moog Problem Solvers are the best you can do for replacement ball joints/bushings into the existing factory control arms. [???:)]

Do you know of anything better (if not going this whole Hard Race arm replacement route) for OEM style replacement ball joints/bushings??
In all honesty I have no clue I’ve read on a couple of threads on here that the dna racing ones are good control arm replacements and the bushings and ball joint is great quality. I believe I read somewhere that they are made of poly which is what everyone desires. The moog control arms that were on my fist where installed previous of my ownership so I do not know what abuse/ driving that was done on them but I really don’t think that’s normal for a ball joint to seize like that. Especially my car being 58’000 miles on the dash and having the oem for who knows how long before them just seems concerning to me.I mean I am definitely not an expert on these kinds of things by any means and I’ve just recently got into the fist community. So I’m sure there is definitely people that could answer that question for you for sure. everyone I’ve bumped into that knows about these cars or talked to on here and have been nothing but helpful to me so.

You rly have to be careful with the RC change that happens via hard race control arms, without adjustments to your tie rods you can introduce a lot of bump steer, we are still trying to solve this on a friends track car (no fiesta). If you care for your steering geometry and bump steer you should rly measure and adapt tie rods with an expert ;) i think "spark plug steve" on youtube has some useful videos on this topic