Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Headroom Difference? Sunroof vs. No Sunroof

Hi everyone,

Does anyone have an idea of the difference in headroom space with and without the sunroof option? I'm leaning towards no sunroof since they tend to be a weak spot for long term reliability and it is obviously cheaper haha. Thanks for your input!

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
I do not have the Sunroof but i understand it is located further back then most are used to having it.. I personally like the extra room and less weight up top.. but some really dig the open concept...

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
You don't loose much headroom with the sunroof. I sat in both and it's probably an inch difference.

Try it first, they are pretty close but it sits behind your head so it's really more of an issue for backseaters.

I am 6-1 and the sunroof is not an issue for headroom. Yes, it is a little farther back than most cars but I still really enjoy it. I don't see them as a reliability issue either. You will get, what, half the cost back when you sell it.............

6'3" here, and I have room to spare. It may be an issue if you're tall and you do track days/autocross since your helmet might not clear too well.

It wasn't an option I absolutely needed, and honestly probably would have chosen one without, but the price they gave me and other options were precisely what I wanted so I went for it anyhow. That said, I do enjoy it, it's just not a must-have for me.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
If not for having two big dogs that have to stay in the car on occasion, I am making a 6" locking hatch rod as well, I would not get one due to weight up top but I had to.

It as all about the weight for me, I love sunroofs but hardly ever open them, miss my Miatas and C6 Vette convertible on sunny cruise days....now we take to big dogs along most of the time so the Fiesta got the sunroof....

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Are we allowed to link to other forums here? Don't want to anger the forum gods but this might help OP - I found a thread post from a while back with another owner who had the same concerns, he even took pictures with & without sunroof:

http://www.fiestast.org/forum/fiesta-st-purchasing/723-sunroof-not-sunroof.html#post10832
That's fine as it is only info and sharing is learning .. Now if it was selling that might ... Well thanks for asking :)