Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Heater noises

PunkST

2000 Post Club
So after replacing the starter, and having to add coolant and bleed the system because of what needs removing to get the starter out, my car's heater whitsles at me when its on its highest setting.

That would mean i have air trapped in it still right? 80 degrees and lower it doesnt whistle. Car runs normal temp wise.

OP
PunkST

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #2
So ove located the source. Its my blower motor. How hard is that to get too? It has a constant whistling squeak when the speed is maxxed on it.

OP
PunkST

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #4
Its rather noticable on high. Id have to have the stereo at a stupid high volume to drown it out. I may habe to put a new one in.

Plainrt

1000 Post Club
My old one use to do this lol. Just got use to not
Using at full blast.

SteveS

1000 Post Club
On our 2005 Scion tC we had a blower motor squeal that was intermittent, but I figured it was hard to change and lived with it for years until it just got so severe it was all the time and really loud. So then I dove into it and found that the replacement was a little over $20 from Rockauto and it was absurdly easy to replace, Took about 30 minutes and a little contortion.

The Fiesta ST might not be as easy due to the automatic climate control, but at least look into it. Might avoid a lot of annoyance if you just replace the fan.

OP
PunkST

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #7
Rock auto says 66 bucks. I hope its like right behind the glove box or something easy.

OP
PunkST

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #9
Hmmm. Well then. Looks like i get to learn how the dash comes apart. Lol.

SteveS

1000 Post Club
You might search around a little more on Youtube. I found commenters under some videos who said that with a left hand drive Fiesta you can do it through the glovebox. The video showed the remove whole dash method.

OP
PunkST

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #11
Ill for sure find out. Ifits an easy fix im doing it. I should also replace that screen on the hvac inlet. Its pretty shot.