Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Hell would freeze over first!!!

jeff

2000 Post Club
For some reason this bothers me...probably because ...

(a) they act interested but really just want my money - "...I need it now..."
(b) they pretend they'll give me a deal but they won't - "...aggressive offer..."
(c) I love my car and plan to keep it forever.

Just about 4 years of ownership now, ready for 40 more!!!

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
For some reason this bothers me...probably because ...

(a) they act interested but really just want my money - "...I need it now..."
(b) they pretend they'll give me a deal but they won't - "...aggressive offer..."
(c) I love my car and plan to keep it forever.

Just about 4 years of ownership now, ready for 40 more!!!

Call today! We can swap your Fiesta ST for an F-150, Explorer, Mustang, or C-max!

TBH if Hyundai comes out with a Veloster N with the DCT I'll probably migrate to that. They don't do easy 0% financing so I'll probably trade in the FiST + cash.

Last edited:

Spork1569

Call today! We can swap your Fiesta ST for an F-150, Explorer, Mustang, or C-max!

TBH if Hyundai comes out with a Veloster N with the DCT I'll probably migrate to that. They don't do easy 0% financing so I'll probably trade in the FiST + cash.
One less option since the cmax got cut too no?

TBH I'd probably be looking at the N for my next upgrade since the FoRS is out of the picture for now. Probably won't be for a while so here's hoping it comes back.

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
One less option since the cmax got cut too no?

TBH I'd probably be looking at the N for my next upgrade since the FoRS is out of the picture for now. Probably won't be for a while so here's hoping it comes back.
I was shopping for a FoRS when I bought the FiST - it was way too harsh and bigger/heavier than I was looking for. I wanted something light and tossable, even though the RS was fun to drive. AWD doesn't have a lot of appeal for me here in SoCal.

Hypergram

1000 Post Club
I actually had a Focus RS for about 8,000 (well my dad did and I got to drive it often so...) and I can both agree and disagree with the statements. The Fiesta for sure is easy to toss around and is the better choice IMO, but the Focus seems to have more of a sporty feel to it and has stiffer suspension to balance out the heavier weight in the turns. The bigger boot is also a bit more practical. If you've never driven one, give it a try (that is if the dealership even lets you, why they restricted test drives for a car is beyond me).

OP
jeff

jeff

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #8

"You don't have to purchase anything" does not agree with "It's a great time to get into a new Ford" right below it....

YES on the N.....

I actually had a Focus RS for about 8,000 (well my dad did and I got to drive it often so...) and I can both agree and disagree with the statements. The Fiesta for sure is easy to toss around and is the better choice IMO, but the Focus seems to have more of a sporty feel to it and has stiffer suspension to balance out the heavier weight in the turns. The bigger boot is also a bit more practical. If you've never driven one, give it a try (that is if the dealership even lets you, why they restricted test drives for a car is beyond me).
Hated the fixed seat rake on the Focus ST3 Recaros (same seats in the RS). For some reason the fixed rake with the Fiesta Recaros is actually not bad.

HBEcoBeaST

I was shopping for a FoRS when I bought the FiST - it was way too harsh and bigger/heavier than I was looking for. I wanted something light and tossable, even though the RS was fun to drive. AWD doesn't have a lot of appeal for me here in SoCal.
100% agree about the RS.
I was debating between a Focus RS/ST and a golf R/GTI. Considered a Civic Type R but the markups at the time were insane. Out of all those the GTI and the RS were the best. The GTI was boring and the RS felt a lot harsher than expected for not being a track car. It didn't seem like a cohesive package from the factory.

Ended up with a FiST lol. It's just that fun. The salesmen must have thought I was shopping above my pay grade or yanking their chain looking at cars that cost twice as much šŸ˜‡

I use the hatch and roofrack on a weekly basis so unfortunately the Veloster N wouldn't work for me. Neat car though

Hypergram

1000 Post Club
Hated the fixed seat rake on the Focus ST3 Recaros (same seats in the RS). For some reason the fixed rake with the Fiesta Recaros is actually not bad.
I didn't have the upgraded seats in my FoRS, so I don't think I had that issue thankfully (or I may be wrong and don't even know it)

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
100% agree about the RS.
I was debating between a Focus RS/ST and a golf R/GTI. Considered a Civic Type R but the markups at the time were insane. Out of all those the GTI and the RS were the best. The GTI was boring and the RS felt a lot harsher than expected for not being a track car. It didn't seem like a cohesive package from the factory.

Ended up with a FiST lol. It's just that fun. The salesmen must have thought I was shopping above my pay grade or yanking their chain looking at cars that cost twice as much šŸ˜‡

I use the hatch and roofrack on a weekly basis so unfortunately the Veloster N wouldn't work for me. Neat car though
For sure, if they gave us the i30N I'd be MUCH happier. I might have a Miata RF if my wife and I werent both well over 6 ft lol

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
I didn't have the upgraded seats in my FoRS, so I don't think I had that issue thankfully (or I may be wrong and don't even know it)
It just felt the the RS *needed* to be flogged to be enjoyable, and it was fast enough that enjoying it was right into "lose your license" territory. I can beat on the FiST and I'm not *really* doing anything wrong.

Hypergram

1000 Post Club
It just felt the the RS *needed* to be flogged to be enjoyable, and it was fast enough that enjoying it was right into "lose your license" territory. I can beat on the FiST and I'm not *really* doing anything wrong.
Yeah I can agree with that. You can enjoy the power of the RS, you just gotta go faster than everyone else :cool:

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
I never sell any car that I have. People would be much better financially well-off if they would keep their cars longer. Keep your car instead of wasting money on never-ending car payments. When you actually pay your car off instead of buying another one put that money towards your employers retirement account, or a Roth IRA.
If you are already putting a good chunk of money into retirement this doesn't necessarily apply to you.
The younger you are the better compounding interest is a miracle.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

Same seats just different covers IIRC. I ended up using washers to raise up the rear of my FoST seat. I'm only 5'7" - I think the seats in it work better for taller people.

Last edited:

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I get that same crap...Emails....mail and even a phone call or two to Trade in my FiST. I always say No thanks....But why would I trade in one of the Best hot hatches of the last decade for another car payment for the next 6 years of my life? Then they schpeel me on why and I say NOPE its too modded to turn back. Have a great day!

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
I get the same crap.......My FiST cannot be replaced. My MP215 was warranted and in the future if I need to use the powertrain warranty I will get no grief. We are emission tested here, and I know I will pass each time. There is no other "FiST" out there. I need low price, performance, 4 doors, a hatch and great economy and invisibility, where else will you find that? My White FiST disappears on the road, just another econobox until I sneak up on your butt and eat your lunch. The only other car from Ford I would buy is a Mustang GT but only if I can keep my FiST. I love my wifes Mustang GTCS and flog it when I can. But I want a 6 speed without all the "nannies" my wife loves with her 10 speed auto. The paddle shifters and trannie are too slow to react to enjoy it in the twisties like I want. Not that is is slow tearing up mountain roads but it takes my involvement in driving away. I feel directly connected to the FiST but isolated in her Mustang. My FiST is a DD, grocery getter, grandkid hauler and my cross country traveling car. It is inexpensive to run and maintain. And flat out the most fun car I have owned and I have owned many nice cars.