Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Hella Supertone Horns How do I install these?

Magnetic

Hey Gang,
As the title states, how do install/wire these horns onto the FiST?

Looks like some wiring modifications have to be done. I also don’t know how the relay is supposed to work. It didn't come with much so I may have to take a trip to Autozone or someplace.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks! 26A459A9-6A48-4DB1-9A20-12B25AE08AD2.jpeg

You've got a 2016, so you should have 2 wires for dual horns which makes these plug and play. I believe 2017-2019 have the single horn(my 2019 only has one horn), thus only a single wire, but apparently you can splice that wire into 2 and run dual horns as well.

OP
Magnetic

Magnetic

Thread Starter #3
You've got a 2016, so you should have 2 wires for dual horns which makes these plug and play. I believe 2017-2019 have the single horn(my 2019 only has one horn), thus only a single wire, but apparently you can splice that wire into 2 and run dual horns as well.
Do I just cut the wires from the existing horns and (somehow) connect to the new ones?

Please feel free to make any suggestions.
image0 (1).jpeg

Do I just cut the wires from the existing horns and (somehow) connect to the new ones?

Please feel free to make any suggestions.
View attachment 44159
My suggestion would be to leave the harness on the backside of the stock horns alone so you can use them again later if you decide to go back to stock.

Instead, you can splice 2 wires into the hot wire and 2 wires into the ground wire just shy of the harness that you unplugged the stock horns from, then run them to each respective horn. [thumb]

OP
Magnetic

Magnetic

Thread Starter #5
My suggestion would be to leave the harness on the backside of the stock horns alone so you can use them again later if you decide to go back to stock.

Instead, you can splice 2 wires into the hot wire and 2 wires into the ground wire just shy of the harness that you unplugged the stock horns from, then run them to each respective horn. [thumb]
Awesome, thanks a bunch!

I think I'm going to be installing these behind the grill on the front of the car. Since the bumper will have to come off I'll plan to do it this weekend. In the mean time I'm going to get some wire connectors and some bolts/nuts to lock them in well. Come Sunday its happening!

Old Mike Emerson

U.S. Navy Veteran
To bad your in AZ, I have everything to make installing them a breeze. The horns should have come with a wiring diagram. Post a picture of that, I can probably walk you thru it if you need the help.

SteveS

1000 Post Club
The relay is mounted near the fuse box. You take the wire from the horn, run it to the relay. You run hot from the battery to the relay and then from the relay to the horn., and ground the relay. Then when you press the horn button, it causes the relay to close the circuit, bringing power directly from the battery to the horn.

Unless the stock horn already uses a relay.

Subbed to this thread. I'm mechanically capable but electrically inept. I've had exactly these horns sitting on a shelf for a year because I'm convinced I'll burn the car to the ground the first time I honk if I do this myself.

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

Old Mike Emerson

U.S. Navy Veteran
Subbed to this thread. I'm mechanically capable but electrically inept. I've had exactly these horns sitting on a shelf for a year because I'm convinced I'll burn the car to the ground the first time I honk if I do this myself.

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk
Not hard to do, easy way to pop your electrical cherry. ;)

Last edited: