Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Hello - advise please

Al377

Hey everyone, i am going to go check out a Fiesta ST 2013 at my local garage tomorrow. The car has 60,000 miles on the clock but i really like it and dont mind this but just wondering if there is any advice any one can give me for things to look out for while viewing the vehicle. I have read alot about STs and can see the cars last for a long time if taken care properly. I have checked all the previous MOTs on the car and can see advisories on emissions example - Exhaust emissions carbon monoxide content after 2nd fast idle excessive - can someone give me an idea of what this is the advisories after this were all ‘
  • emissions on max req fast idle

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
Welcome!
Did the previous owner do any mods? Did they change the exhaust? Is the cat stock?
Cats don't usually go bad, but oxygen (and other) sensors fail. You need to check for codes. Have the garage do it before you buy it, or you may have some expensive problems.
Also, check for recalls. If it's been recalled for the cylinder head problem, keep looking for one that hasn't.
60,000 is nothing to this car if it hasn't been beaten to death and/or poorly maintained.

OP
A

Al377

Thread Starter #4
Hello i was thinking the same about mods, going to check the service history and ask the garage when i got to see it today. I have just checked for recall information on the ford website and there is nothing so i suppose thats a good thing, would recall work be listed in the service history too? Thanks for the info

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
You're in the UK, where these cars are very popular. And they're mostly 3 doors. It's nothing like the US, where they are a cult car. They didn't sell a lot of them here.
It's unlikely that your car wasn't tweaked in some ways.

Check engine compression and do not buy if remapped. My engine gave up after 50.000km (new engine) with first stage remap from a very famous tuner and very smooth driving (average consumption shows 5.9 l/100km)It took me two months to rebuild the engine and to find out where the hell was mixing oilin the water and
I sell it now. Never again ford.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk