Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Hello FiestaSTForum

Hi Fiesta ST Community,

I would like to officially introduce a True Plug-N-Play power chip - Turbo Transformer.
Turbo Transformer is a micro-controller that adjusts the boost pressure signal and works with your engine computer to generate more boost.

Turbo Transformer is happy to be able to sponsor this Fiesta ST Forum and would like to begin by saying thank you to Sourskittle and Nick from Modbargains and many others who have helped since February. Turbo Transformer has now installed on over ten cars and I am proud to say that I have not had a single disappointment yet.

To get a better understanding of how the device works, please see the following videos:

Fiesta ST installation -
[video=youtube;RCLkcV7xxxI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCLkcV7xxxI[/video]

Focus ST installation and test drive -
[video=youtube;zIVYOlaQfrE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIVYOlaQfrE#t=153[/video]

Information such as datalogs, dyno results and FAQs can be found on the website itself;
TURBO TRANSFORMER
While I continue to add content to the site, I look forward to answering questions or listening to suggestions here.

Happy Fisting!
Turbo Transformer.

rooSTer

1000 Post Club
Welcome.. can this be ran in conjunction with a tune or is one or the other.

OP
T
Thread Starter #5
Welcome.. can this be ran in conjunction with a tune or is one or the other.
Yes, you can run this in addition to a tune.

The easiest way to get power from a turbo car is by turning up the boost and using good fuel. At some point, you will reach a point of diminishing returns from turning up the boost (to heat).
A down pipe, bigger turbo and intercooler are logically next but somewhat expensive and downpipes are flat out illegal and now being enforced stricter that ever.

But a lot of tuners make purchasing Stage 2 and 3 software contingent upon purchasing their intakes and exhausts because these hard parts don't do a whole lot beside make noise. So if a tune simply isn't enough for you, a Turbo Transformer would get you that few more psi you are looking for.

The programmed curve that is in the Turbo Transformer is very conservatively set at 2.5 psi. I have successfully turned up the boost to 3.5+ psi on several cars and had no problems with CELs but backed it down for the production units for obvious reasons. Sourskittle has been running this with a tune for a long time.

Thank you for posting to the forums. I have seen your product mentioned in various posts. It would be awesome if you or someone who already uses the Turbo Transformer could post a dyno before and after. It would greatly help in my purchasing decision. Welcome!

Harvick

1000 Post Club
Welcome, I agree having some dyno results from the FiST posted would be great.

OP
T
Thread Starter #9
I dyno'd a Genesis Coupe with a similar boost gain and was quite pleased with the result.

I've been trying to put together a Fiesta Dyno session but this time I also want to arrange a video shoot and possibly even do a comparison with Turbo Transformer and Accessport and then with both.

I expect similar gains as the Hyundai -

JPGC

2000 Post Club
Thank you for posting to the forums. I have seen your product mentioned in various posts. It would be awesome if you or someone who already uses the Turbo Transformer could post a dyno before and after. It would greatly help in my purchasing decision. Welcome!
And a before and after datalog.

FocusMike

Interesting product, I really would like to see stock vs. Turbo Transformer vs. Cobb for comparison.

OP
T
Thread Starter #12
I have access to a Focus ST - here are some screen shots of stock vs Turbo Transformer - I put the cursors at the peak boost point. Not sure what other format I can share this in.

STOCK -

TURBO TRANSFORMER -

Naturally I will log everything again when I dyno next.

Sourskittle has plenty of logs posted here - but he runs Turbo Transformer with his AP
http://datazap.me/u/sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Yep. I've been running the TT since Feb and I've defended it literally to point of being banned, lol.

I run it with cobbs stage1 tune and cobbs Stg3 tune when I get some E30 fuel.

I will be removing it for tuning reasons for a week or so soon because the upgraded turbo will need to be tested on Cobbs stg3 ots tune. Once I can see how it runs with cobbs tune, its going right back on.

I would also like to point out that we've had a couple guys at local meets "try it for a day" and they really like it as well.

My best friend has one on his brand new focus ST right now too and says it def made the car feel more alive ( although , he seems to be a big poo-nanner knowing all the focus ST guys are going to flame him about it ).

Glad people are finally coming around to it :)

OP
T
Thread Starter #15
I would also like to point out that we've had a couple guys at local meets "try it for a day" and they really like it as well.

My best friend has one on his brand new focus ST right now too and says it def made the car feel more alive ( although , he seems to be a big poo-nanner knowing all the focus ST guys are going to flame him about it ).

This has been my biggest problem particularly with the Focus ST crowd. I would say just as many Focus STs as Fiesta STs have Turbo Transformer installed yet are afraid to post anything on the forums.

While your car is being tuned, you could do another "try it for a day" ... I like that.

OP
T
Thread Starter #16
Glad people are finally coming around to it :)
Slowly but surely.

A customer put it very well:

All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.
ā€” Arthur Schopenhauer, German philosopher (1788 ā€“ 1860)

OP
T
Thread Starter #18
New website launched

After listening to all the critiques (and there are some harsh ones) - I made a list of all their suggestions and prioritized them and have started executing them. Accordingly, I have launched a new and improved website today - went live this evening.
THE NEW AND IMPROVED TURBO TRANSFORMER? WEBSITE

If you like the website, you could also help by liking the facebook page - FACEBOOK PAGE

For discussion about the website, please post here - WEBSITE THREAD

meFiSTo

Hi Ameya:

You responded to a question I posed on your website with the following:

The Turbo Transformer will increase boost by 2.25-2.5 psi over what you have. <testimonial reference omitted> However, the added boost would need 93 Octane or more and/or winter-like ambient temps, otherwise you would lose some timing and wouldn't get as much bang for buck.
I would really only be interested in using this in an HPDE track day application. Not much concern about getting more HP/TQ this on the street. In reading your note, I'm assuming that I would want to bump up the octane (via race fuel or Torco or something) to get the benefit of the increased boost. Furthermore, you're suggesting here that the positive effects would be mitigated by summer temperatures (typical track day situation up here in the PNW...I'm not one much for rainy track days). Correct?

Given my limited upgrades (MP215, FMIC, induction hose), this looks like a slick final option (if a little black magic-y). I'm wondering if its effects will hold up under sustained WOT sessions on a hot HPDE track day. I guess that pretty much applies to the car itself as well. Thoughts/comments appreciated. Thanks.

OP
T
Thread Starter #20
Hi Ameya:

You responded to a question I posed on your website with the following:

I would really only be interested in using this in an HPDE track day application. Not much concern about getting more HP/TQ this on the street. In reading your note, I'm assuming that I would want to bump up the octane (via race fuel or Torco or something) to get the benefit of the increased boost. Furthermore, you're suggesting here that the positive effects would be mitigated by summer temperatures (typical track day situation up here in the PNW...I'm not one much for rainy track days). Correct?

Given my limited upgrades (MP215, FMIC, induction hose), this looks like a slick final option (if a little black magic-y). I'm wondering if its effects will hold up under sustained WOT sessions on a hot HPDE track day. I guess that pretty much applies to the car itself as well. Thoughts/comments appreciated. Thanks.
A turbo car will get pretty warm after ragging on it lap after lap and will lose timing. The Turbo Transformer will still raise the boost but to keep up with (or negate) the timing loss you would need race gas or a larger intercooler/compressor/turbo,etc to curb intake temps. I hope that clears any confusion