Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Hello from NC! What are some first mods??

19fiesta

Hello guys! I’m new to the fiestas! What are some good first mods to do? Is a catch can worth it on these cars, and what’s the loudest blow off for these cars. Also can I realistically make 300 rwtq? I’ve got a supercharged mustang that’s been hand build as well! 3C63FBA6-17F3-4A21-9689-DC2DF498873B.jpeg
82D9C78B-02C9-4911-A407-103974991975.jpeg

Last edited:

flbchbm

1000 Post Club
Welcome to the machine.

Hello guys! I’m new to the fiestas! What are some good first mods to do?
Rear Motor Mount, larger FMIC, Cobb AP and air filter are your first go-to's.

Is a catch can worth it on these cars, and what’s the louds blow off for these cars.
Yes, any turbo engine should use one, IMHO. Loudest bov...ugh... you are on your own for needing that ear candy...

Also can I realistically make 300 rwtq?
Requires a larger turbo, but easily achieved.

The search function works well in this forum. Give it a good try.

There are vendors for all the parts you require, along with lightly used ones here on the forum.
For new, Ron is the man..... https://whooshmotorsports.com 5% forum discount.

Attachments

Last edited:

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club
Welcome from another NC owner, I've had mine for about 3 years now and am enjoying it a lot. I'm going to give you a little bit of a contrary viewpoint on mods, which would be to hold off, get to know the car as it is and enjoy it that way. It doesn't really need much, it's a fantastic car stock from the factory. Then, you can see what you would like to change, if anything, and go from there.
That said, lighter wheels are always a good thing, saving unsprung weight gives you a lot of bang for the buck, and has no real downside. I did the conservative tune, the Mountune MP215, it's tried-and-true and doesn't involve any data logging. It also preserved the warranty, but only up through the '16 model year, they didn't continue the warranty approval past that. The extra power is of course nice, but I found the stock power very satisfactory.

flbchbm

1000 Post Club
Welcome from another NC owner, I've had mine for about 3 years now and am enjoying it a lot. I'm going to give you a little bit of a contrary viewpoint on mods, which would be to hold off, get to know the car as it is and enjoy it that way. It doesn't really need much, it's a fantastic car stock from the factory. Then, you can see what you would like to change, if anything, and go from there.
Given the data in his post....supercharged mustang, loudest BOV, can I do 300whp in the FiST.....the last thing he will want is to drive or leave it stock any longer than he as to, he's going to trick it out, but hey, that's only MHO. I agree on smaller wheels...I will do that next year. I spent all my money on performance parts and the car will sit during most of winter while I drive the Mazda 5.

Welcome from another 19 owner, my 1st mod was the boomba racing rear motor mount to stop that mushy feeling and add a little stiffness for take off.

Lots of info here , just do a search for what your doing and its on here somewhere.

Hello from Gaston County! ima echo a lot of other posters and recommend a high-flow filter, an uprated FMIC, RMM, and an accessport. you will prolly want to toss in some front mount inserts and a 2 point torsion bar in the back and a 4 point torsion bar in the front. that is gonna help a lot with the torque steer.

i went with 17x8 Konig Hypergram wheels (16 lbs) and eventually went with 215 40 Direzza ZIII tires after the hybrid turbo turned the the stock tires into a buffing pad for the road in 1st and 2nd gears.

i don't know what sort of experience you have with lightweight FWDs but this car is essentially undrivable on the stock tires and suspension if you go over 240whp. even with my wider max summer tires and traction control on it can spin the wheels going WOT into 2nd gear. sometimes i spin the tires on accident in the mornings and i feel like an Ahole for it. after i did the hybrid turbo and tune i couldn't go more than about 60% throttle without roasting the stock tires, and that was only about 260whp

OP

19fiesta

Thread Starter #10
What up
Hello from Gaston County! ima echo a lot of other posters and recommend a high-flow filter, an uprated FMIC, RMM, and an accessport. you will prolly want to toss in some front mount inserts and a 2 point torsion bar in the back and a 4 point torsion bar in the front. that is gonna help a lot with the torque steer.

i went with 17x8 Konig Hypergram wheels (16 lbs) and eventually went with 215 40 Direzza ZIII tires after the hybrid turbo turned the the stock tires into a buffing pad for the road in 1st and 2nd gears.

i don't know what sort of experience you have with lightweight FWDs but this car is essentially undrivable on the stock tires and suspension if you go over 240whp. even with my wider max summer tires and traction control on it can spin the wheels going WOT into 2nd gear. sometimes i spin the tires on accident in the mornings and i feel like an Ahole for it. after i did the hybrid turbo and tune i couldn't go more than about 60% throttle without roasting the stock tires, and that was only about 260whp
what hp and tq numbers are you running now?? And this is first “strong FWD” car

What up
what hp and tq numbers are you running now?? And this is first “strong FWD” car
about 260whp and 270wt on 93 octane. when i finish the car it'll be at the 300whp range. already its faster on the highway than newer STI's, lightly-tuned WRX's, R/T's and pretty much any older V8. its a *little* bit slower than a Daytona 392 Charger on the highway.

OP

19fiesta

Thread Starter #12
about 260whp and 270wt on 93 octane. when i finish the car it'll be at the 300whp range. already its faster on the highway than newer STI's, lightly-tuned WRX's, R/T's and pretty much any older V8. its a *little* bit slower than a Daytona 392 Charger on the highway.
I’ll be running on 93 as well. I just want to run with the majority of cars out there, my mustang is at a light 500rwhp, so my fiesta I want to be a daily but also light up some pants when need to. In this light car I think 300rwhp will be plenty to give a lot of stock cars a run for their money. And any good remote tuning?