Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Hello from sunny San Diego!

Welcome, fairly new owner here too (1 year). I added the Kenwood 8" amplified sub under drivers seat. There's a how-to around here, that had most of it right except they used rear speaker to drive the sub amp. Found another write up somewhere else that (and even the Kenwood's manual) that said use FRONTS if you have a digital processor (we do). Noticeable change in bass input! Nice, cheap, easy addition.
I did it after a tuner though. What a difference that made!

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

OP
K
Thread Starter #6
Welcome, fairly new owner here too (1 year). I added the Kenwood 8" amplified sub under drivers seat. There's a how-to around here, that had most of it right except they used rear speaker to drive the sub amp. Found another write up somewhere else that (and even the Kenwood's manual) that said use FRONTS if you have a digital processor (we do). Noticeable change in bass input! Nice, cheap, easy addition.
I did it after a tuner though. What a difference that made!

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk
Awesome. That’s super helpful. I really want better mids and bass. I like to be able to feel my tunes!

Hello! I'm also north county. I have to say that the biggest money mistake I made was changing the speakers. Got top of the line and heard no difference, guess ours come with good ones. Then I purchased a sub that nests right in the spare tire and it's amazing.

OP
K
Thread Starter #8
Hello! I'm also north county. I have to say that the biggest money mistake I made was changing the speakers. Got top of the line and heard no difference, guess ours come with good ones. Then I purchased a sub that nests right in the spare tire and it's amazing.
I’ve been looking at the sub that fits in the spare. Which kind did you get?

dhminer

2000 Post Club
Welcome! Stock speakers sound good once you get a sub and take the bass out of them. I have an 8" pioneer shallow mount with matching enclosure. Tucks right in next to the sub. and no clearance issue with the load deck, but you have to keep it at the higher level. JL Audio JX250/1D amp under passenger seat. Absolutely love it.

https://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Car/Subwoofers/Shallow+Mount/TS-SWX2002

TemecFist

Hello! Lady driver here!

Joined up to look into recommendations for audio upgrades.

View attachment 34303

Photo is at the top of the Palomar Mountain loop. Great drive if you’re ever in the San Diego area!
I drive Palomar Mountain almost every Saturday!!! There are a couple other good roads in that area as well. You just have to know where to look. 😉

OP
K
Thread Starter #16
Welcome! Stock speakers sound good once you get a sub and take the bass out of them. I have an 8" pioneer shallow mount with matching enclosure. Tucks right in next to the sub. and no clearance issue with the load deck, but you have to keep it at the higher level. JL Audio JX250/1D amp under passenger seat. Absolutely love it.

https://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Car/Subwoofers/Shallow+Mount/TS-SWX2002
Rad. I keep the load deck at the high position all of the time anyway, so that wouldn’t be an issue.

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
I bought the 8" low pro powered one from rockville for my work truck and it sold me on the brand. That spare tire one is the one I'm looking at.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk