Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Hello from the west coast!

Purchase:
A few months ago I got a 2017 model year Fiesta st used. I think I understood why ford discontinued passenger cars as a good friend showed me the balance sheet at his dealership and said they were technically losing revenue with these cars. (sad)
I did test out a few cars like the 86, WRX,Type R, F-type, 4C, S2000, Mx-5, M3 etc. (mostly rented out on Turo and put a few hundred miles on each on my favorite roads).
I mostly dislike automotive reviews as its a lot of time without the real experience as I am not experiencing any of it. Its like getting caught in a spider web versus watching someone get caught in one. It just isn't the same thing.
I enjoyed the 4C a lot as it made me giggle, the fiesta has a lot of that character and none of the cramps/hamstring pulls and tram lining.
The S2000 was buzzy and exciting, more weekend suitable. It made me tired.
The rest I just couldn't care much for, the 86 might have had something to offer long term.
The M3 and type R could not be enjoyed. They're just too fast and were quite a bit numb unless going really fast. I care about my license.
I do think it might end up enjoying a gt350R just because of that engine but I fear it will be too fast and obnoxious. Plus I hated it when my friend would scare me with his exhaust.
I don't see a reason to spend a lot more money for something different and not necessarily better. The maintenance costs on the 350R threw me off (it really is a supercar). Plus I wanted to work on the car and the fiesta is a lot less fussy.

Ownership/Driving:
Maintenance only planned but I might downsize the wheels because I've had two pinched flats so far and to deal with the ride on bumpy stuff.
The car is bubbling with excitement, it's also perforated on pretty much every single body panel. I have stopped caring though. Door seals seem alright.
It's also amazingly practical, like a mini suv. It also looks rather nice.
I was pleasantly surprised to find the tail happy side of this car. Now all I want to do is drive medium pace and get it to move around/wiggle a bit.
I think I will have a tough time replacing the ST, now that the GR-Yaris isn't coming stateside (What were Toyota thinking with the Apex). Maybe i'll just get another used ST after this or try to keep mine in one piece.
Have put on about 8k miles and I am now waiting on break lining and rotors so I can drive again (wasn't too kind on them, will be more careful next time).

I have found this forum to be extremely useful so far, especially getting relevant info on service manuals and torque specs (and transmission oil fill levels).
I also don't see people raging too much which is a welcome change from the usual. This is why I've stayed away from many car communities for a long time but I have to say this forum (and this car) is very welcoming.
I don't like car communities which use the words classic, vintage, heritage, value etc. Just a bunch of hogwash.
I love that the car is international and that people around the world enjoy it.
I try to make excuses to just drive it around and I hope you do too.

best,
Crumpy

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
Welcome! I've had mine for 3 years now, and I still love it. I'll keep it 'til I die.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
WELCOME and CONGRATS!! [thumb]

My local Ford dealer has a new GT500R with full carbon fiber Track Pack options sitting in the showroom.

$170K!! They actually had the audacity to put a $70K market 'rarity' markup/gouge on it [crazyeye] [thumbdown]
So yeah, that actually is, price wise (if not performance-wise), in lower 'supercar' territory. LOL

Last edited:

flbchbm

1000 Post Club
Welcome to the machine.

Fullerton was founded in 1887. It secured the land on behalf of the Atchison, Topeka and Santa Fe Railway. Historically it was a center of agriculture, notably groves of Valencia oranges and other citrus crops; petroleum extraction; transportation; and manufacturing. It is home to numerous higher educational institutions, particularly California State University, Fullerton and Fullerton College. From the mid-1940s through the late 1990s, Fullerton was home to a large industrial base made up of aerospace contractors, canneries, paper products manufacturers, and is considered to be the birthplace of the electric guitar, due in a large part to Leo Fender. The headquarters of Vons, which is owned by Albertsons, is located in Fullerton near the Fullerton–Anaheim line.

Attachments