Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Hello from western NC

Howdy guys. I just got my first ST a week ago, and it's worth every penny for sure! The only thing I regret is waiting so long to buy one. I have plans to eventually do light mods and an Accessport, but I'm enjoying the car so much already that I'm in no hurry. I am getting the dealer sticker & front plate frame off asap, I've already ordered some matching plugs :)

The only flaw I've found is a small crack in the upper frame of the passenger vent window, the tiny triangle at the front. I've sourced a replacement already, but what I can't seem to find are instructions for actually doing it. If anyone can help, or point me in the right direction, I'd appreciate it!

Attachments

Flaco

2000 Post Club
The only flaw I've found is a small crack in the upper frame of the passenger vent window, the tiny triangle at the front. I've sourced a replacement already, but what I can't seem to find are instructions for actually doing it. If anyone can help, or point me in the right direction, I'd appreciate it!
Welcome ! The vent window is located in place by 2 plastic push pins bonded to the back side of the glass. The window is sealed to the body with urethane. If you remove the plastic window surround inside the car you will see the plastic locating pins. Best done at a body shop. In fact I just had the same window replaced last week.

Last edited:
OP
F
Thread Starter #6
Welcome ! The vent window is located in place by 2 plastic push pins bonded to the back side of the glass. The window is sealed to the body with urethane. If you remove the plastic window surround inside the car you will see the plastic locating pins. Best done at a body shop. In fact I just had the same window replaced last week.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Flaco, thats exaxtly what I needed!!

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
Welcome, the W.NC/E.TN area is the natural environment for the FiST. Great roads, even I-40 has some great curves when doing 80-85 mph, LOL. Just did it last weekend coming home from Charlotte to Chattanooga. Not to mention the TOTD and Skyway. At 68 I am definitely a mature rooster, and after over 4 years still in love with my Fifi. Once my 30's daughter drove mine she bought one for herself!

OP
F
Thread Starter #8
Welcome, the W.NC/E.TN area is the natural environment for the FiST. Great roads, even I-40 has some great curves when doing 80-85 mph, LOL. Just did it last weekend coming home from Charlotte to Chattanooga. Not to mention the TOTD and Skyway. At 68 I am definitely a mature rooster, and after over 4 years still in love with my Fifi. Once my 30's daughter drove mine she bought one for herself!
I agree, this is the perfect area. I drive the parkway to and from work.. it's really hard not to show up in a great mood!

It's a pleasure meeting fellow enthusiasts, thank you guys for the welcome:)

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Welcome ! The vent window is located in place by 2 plastic push pins bonded to the back side of the glass. The window is sealed to the body with urethane. If you remove the plastic window surround inside the car you will see the plastic locating pins. Best done at a body shop. In fact I just had the same window replaced last week.
Mine developed a short split in it in that same exact spot on the upper passenger side outside surround frame.
It was replaced under warranty, but if it happens again, I will have to replace it myself.
Thanks for this!

And yes, CONGRATS and WELCOME, Fred from yet another NOT 'spring chicken' (65 this Tuesday), this car keeps you YOUNG! [wink] [driving]

OP
F
Thread Starter #13
A radiator is in your future, especially in the mountains.
An intercooler and radiator change are two of my first planned projects, I've been reading a lot about the cooling issues folks are having. I'd like to autocross it eventually, so I think a radiator upgrade is an absolute must!

Mine developed a short split in it in that same exact spot on the upper passenger side outside surround frame.
It was replaced under warranty, but if it happens again, I will have to replace it myself.
Thanks for this!

And yes, CONGRATS and WELCOME, Fred from yet another NOT 'spring chicken' (65 this Tuesday), this car keeps you YOUNG! [wink] [driving]
I wonder if there's a flaw there causing the cracks, seems too much of a coincidence to me! Fortunately its only about $200 for a replacement, and I can get buddy discounts for help doing the work :) So far I haven't been able to go for a ride without a huge, goofy grin on my face!

dhminer

2000 Post Club
Welcome! Used to live in Asheville myself up until a few years ago. As others mentioned a radiator is critical if you want to run up the mountains with any speed or frequency. I never overheated on normal drives, but over heated every time I ran it hard up Beech Mountain Parkway to go skiing.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I wonder if there's a flaw there causing the cracks, seems too much of a coincidence to me!
I used to think that it was from jacking up the car, at that front jacking point, to the upper ranges of the jack, which was causing the stress to that part, causing it to crack/split.

But then I realized that that actual frame is basically NOT a stressed part in this at all, so that theory goes out the window. [wink]