Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Hello to fellow ST owners!

trmnlfrst

Military Veteran
Hi, my name is Eric, recently purchased a 2019 Fiesta ST with 9k on the odometer, alot of thanks to the users here whose comments I've perused prior to my purchase. Previous owner installed a few COBB pieces, I'm in the process of giving the new shoebox a technical inspection more to follow!

OP
T

trmnlfrst

Military Veteran
Thread Starter #4
Thanks guys, not sure how this forum works compared to others and whether or not this post will get moved but I've got some work to do. I believe the car sat in NM (before I brought it to CO) at least long enough for a prairie dog to spend some amount of time near the battery. Dealer replaced the battery but either with the prairie dog or a battery failure of some type, there is acid damage to the wire loom, the battery tray and a few other spots. I've baking sodaed, rinsed and repeated, ordered a new tray, cut out the dissolved loom pieces, waiting on some loom, braid and fleece tape from Painless Wiring and then I'll reinstall. I doubt the dealer knew but I have OCD and upon delivery had the car apart lol. Hey CarGuy! I had a 79 and 80 as well. Loved them!!

OP
T

trmnlfrst

Military Veteran
Thread Starter #8
Paint isn't bad, a few stone chips, my issues are sorting out a few repairs particular to the battery seemingly letting loose at some point. Acid ate up some wire looms and the tray and also splashed the rigid, formed coolant line from the head to the expansion tank, allowing for a small pinhole coolant leak. Also seems to have the requisite CPS, valvecover, turbo oil feed/drain line leak.