Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Hello!

So I've had a FiST since November 2018 (bought new) and only now have joined the forums. I use my car for everything: daily, road trip car, winter beater, and AutoX toy. Currently at 93k-ish miles so far and Stratified tuned.

I'm excited to hear experiences and opinions from other owners as I attempt to make the "perfect" all around FiST
IMG_20220428_121003_556.jpg

Last edited:

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
WELCOME!

Those Ultraleggeras look great on the clean white car! [twothumb]

15x7s or 16x7s? What size/brand/model tire?

Last edited:
OP
Mech_Mike412
Thread Starter #5
WELCOME!

Those Ultraleggeras look great on the clean white car! [twothumb]

15x7s or 16sx7s? What size/brand/model tire?
They are 16x7 on BFG Rival 1.5 S tires, 215/45/R16. Not super communicative but they have tons of grip, ride well, aren't noisy IMO, and they lasted quite a long time for an AutoX tire

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
You daily drive those tires (in the summer only, I am guessing?) and did not just put them on at the autocross course, or at home the night before the event?

OP
Mech_Mike412
Thread Starter #7
You daily drive those tires (in the summer only, I am guessing?) and did not just put them on at the autocross course, or at home the night before the event?
Originally I was swapping them out the day before the event or the morning of once I got to the track. It got to the point for me where the age of the tires were becoming a concern so I rode a whole summer with them on (to wear them out) and the day to day wear was surprisingly minimal. I'll definitely run them as a general summer tire for me. They're better in the wet than I anticipated too. They are NOT as good as Pilot Sport AS4s in the wet, but surprisingly good for an AutoX tire for normal street use. On course, there are better tires out there for AutoX in wet/cold conditions.

Dialcaliper

They are 16x7 on BFG Rival 1.5 S tires, 215/45/R16. Not super communicative but they have tons of grip, ride well, aren't noisy IMO, and they lasted quite a long time for an AutoX tire
I daily drive these as well. I will say that running them on an 16x8” wide wheel seems to give plenty of feedback, although I also installed poly caster bushings and delrin steering rack bushings.

Same experience - they aren’t that noisy and seem to be wearing well. I give them plenty of exercise and will probably still get 20k miles before they’re worn out.

While they have very good grip in the damp, if there are any puddles of standing water, they *will* hydroplane as low as 60mph (depending on tread depth).

Dpro

6000 Post Club
welcome I daily mine with a s280 turbo and a LSD! I also have Superpro control arms with uprated caster bushings. I am running 16x8 Konig Dekagrams with Conti Contact Sport extreme 2’s ( uprated DW6’s for winter aka rain tires. A lot of people like them better than Pilot Sports.

OP
Mech_Mike412
Thread Starter #10
I daily drive these as well. I will say that running them on an 16x8” wide wheel seems to give plenty of feedback, although I also installed poly caster bushings and delrin steering rack bushings.

Same experience - they aren’t that noisy and seem to be wearing well. I give them plenty of exercise and will probably still get 20k miles before they’re worn out.

While they have very good grip in the damp, if there are any puddles of standing water, they *will* hydroplane as low as 60mph (depending on tread depth).
I must look into some wider wheels then :LOL: My front LCAs are half poly. I have some superpro poly LCAs coming in the mail soon, stock caster geometry. I also plan on ordering the Whoosh subframe centering bushings and their aluminum rack bushings as well.

Yes, I have the same experience with the Rivals. I truly love them. I will get another set. My set was 4 years old last year which is kinda ancient for AutoX tires :LOL:

welcome I daily mine with a s280 turbo and a LSD! I also have Superpro control arms with uprated caster bushings. I am running 16x8 Konig Dekagrams with Conti Contact Sport extreme 2’s ( uprated DW6’s for winter aka rain tires. A lot of people like them better than Pilot Sports.
Great minds think alike! Just ordered the superpro LCAs. I felt like the premium LCA options were too much money for my uses, and a little overkill. S280 and Wavetrac LSD are big endgame goals for me. S280 is definitely possible this year, but I also have a motorcycle that will need tires and some bars. S280 on a stock fuel system will be perfect for me. I don't want to grenade my engine... yet :ROFLMAO:

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Since you are running in STH you are allowed to run 8" wide wheels, correct??

The (Konig) Dekagrams are only mere grams heavier (if at all??) than the Ultraleggeras, while being an inch wider. [wink] [thumb]

OP
Mech_Mike412
Thread Starter #12
Correct, you are allowed to run 8" wide wheels. I'm not sure if it's worth it with the change in scrub radius. I also seriously love my Ultraleggeras. If I could get those in 16x8 I would have bought them yesterday. I have been eyeing up some of the Konig options though