Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

HELP 225/45/R15 Federal 595 RS-RR tires rubbing issues?

So i had originally ordered 225/45/r15 but after seeing and reading some more i decided to order 205/50/r15 to go onto my 15x8x35 offset wheels and lowered with H&R super sport srings and Bilstein B8 Struts.

Last edited:
You will most likely rub on angled driveways and maybe hard cornering unless you add a couple degrees of camber.
I rub on driveways but not hard cornering unless it's a sharp corner.
I'm sitting on 205/50 - 15x8 +35. About 2.5 inches lower than stock, but I also have my dampers set pretty soft because I daily the car so a lot of driving is rough streets.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

OP
ronniec687
Thread Starter #3
You will most likely rub on angled driveways and maybe hard cornering unless you add a couple degrees of camber.
I rub on driveways but not hard cornering unless it's a sharp corner.
I'm sitting on 205/50 - 15x8 +35. About 2.5 inches lower than stock, but I also have my dampers set pretty soft because I daily the car so a lot of driving is rough streets.

Wow thats clean and thank you for the pics thats definitely the tire size im going to be ordering.

kevinatfms

Im convinced the H&R Super Sport springs are the second worst set of springs you can put on an ST. They are too low for their own good. First being the stupid soft Eibachs.

OP
ronniec687
Thread Starter #5
Im convinced the H&R Super Sport springs are the second worst set of springs you can put on an ST. They are too low for their own good. First being the stupid soft Eibachs.
Is that your only reasoning as to why you think they are the second worst springs? I'm just curious. Fortunately I was lucky and found a set brand new for $150 which I thought was more then reasonable for springs made from a manufacturer that has been around since the 1970's.

OP
ronniec687
Thread Starter #6
Update. Ordered the Falken 595 rr-rs in size 205/50/R15. Found them on Ebay for $79 each with free shipping. Can't really pass that up for that price.

kevinatfms

Is that your only reasoning as to why you think they are the second worst springs? I'm just curious. Fortunately I was lucky and found a set brand new for $150 which I thought was more then reasonable for springs made from a manufacturer that has been around since the 1970's.
- Too low for any tire on the car. Barely clears the stock setup.
- Dont list spring rates. Called consumers "stupid" when it comes to choosing spring rates.
- Lowering the car that far causes significant bump steer issues as detailed by Spark Plug Steve. If you can get around the work required to correct the bump steer then its not an issue but that calls for steering rack height changes and such(he used machined washers). IIRC anything over 1.5" of lowering increased bump steer significantly.

- Too low for any tire on the car. Barely clears the stock setup.
- Dont list spring rates. Called consumers "stupid" when it comes to choosing spring rates.
- Lowering the car that far causes significant bump steer issues as detailed by Spark Plug Steve. If you can get around the work required to correct the bump steer then its not an issue but that calls for steering rack height changes and such(he used machined washers). IIRC anything over 1.5" of lowering increased bump steer significantly.
Youre right, but that is a performance loss that few will experience.. you have to be driving at the limit and experienced enough to notice it and have a driving style that is hindered by it.. most street cars are going to be unaffected because they aren't driving at the limit, and most drivers won't be experienced enough to notice.. theyre great at what they do.. they lower the car and offer a comfortable ride.

PunkST

2000 Post Club
^ till they eat the dampers. Unless you're pairing them with shorter stroke struts and dampers you'll be bottoming out the strut/ shocks internally during compression. It definitely doesnt feel good. ( currently the state of the wifes gti on h&r springs)

kevinatfms

Youre right, but that is a performance loss that few will experience.. you have to be driving at the limit and experienced enough to notice it and have a driving style that is hindered by it.. most street cars are going to be unaffected because they aren't driving at the limit, and most drivers won't be experienced enough to notice.. theyre great at what they do.. they lower the car and offer a comfortable ride.

You dont need to push a vehicle to experience bump steer. Highway speeds alone or even rutted roadways would present bumpsteer just driving around town.

The super sports are also low enough that any tire larger/wider than factory usually will rub. Another con on this set of springs.

So the only real "pro" would be they lower the car.