Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Help! Low boost - new sound

So I changed out the low side fuel pressure sensor and the fuel rail pressure sensor. Those work great now. Then this happened:

Started with a high pitch whistle, then whistled like a dying rabbit/deflating squealing balloon followed by a well muffled short “pop” - now sounds like this.

Help!

https://youtu.be/W3IdURjHez8

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

alexrex20

1000 Post Club
Just double check everything you removed under the hood to R&R your fuel components. Look for disconnected vacuum lines.

OP
T
Thread Starter #5
Just double check everything you removed under the hood to R&R your fuel components. Look for disconnected vacuum lines.
I’ll check vacuum lines in the morning. Maybe replace some O rings.

OP
T
Thread Starter #7
So, the boost sensor that my transmission rebuilder broke off and glued back on 30k miles ago blew off. Massive boost leak. Ordered the polished Mishimoto charge pipe kit from Whoosh to replace the OEM piece.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
So, the boost sensor that my transmission rebuilder broke off and glued back on 30k miles ago blew off. Massive boost leak. Ordered the polished Mishimoto charge pipe kit from Whoosh to replace the OEM piece.

Who ever your builder was that glued it back together is a moron.....time to find a new builder.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

OP
T
Thread Starter #10
Added new Mishimoto hard pipes with tbolts, fixed vacuum line issue found during smoke test. Still makes the whining and slight whistling sound and only will do 14 psi. Taking in to Ford on Monday.

OP
T
Thread Starter #12
The boost sensor broke off the stock piping again. The one that I mentioned above. Also a small hole rubbed in one of the plastic vacuum lines. The one on the left side that goes by the fuel line pressure sensor.

OP
T
Thread Starter #14
Dealership is at a loss. One tech thinks it might be an exhaust leak. The other says it could be wastegate or actuator. Charged me $80 for what I already knew and wanted more to dig into it deeper. They couldn’t get it to give a code. They did say they measured 28psi on their system, but the AP is showing no more than 14psi for me. Feels lower on torque on bottom end and doesn’t quite climax like it used to...

Have you looked at your boost solenoid? Has three vaccuum lines going to your comp inlet, wg and charge pipe. Very flimsy air fittings, broke one off when I installed my mrx kit. Same symptoms you are describing until I could get the new one installed later that day.$78 from Ford for the part.

OP
T
Thread Starter #17
Funny, I just noticed that part while looking at turbo install instructions. I think I’ll replace that and the vacuum lines going to it.

Lol, check for hairline cracks around the base of the fittings on the solenoid. Any codes popping up?

OP
T
Thread Starter #20
Have you looked at your boost solenoid? Has three vaccuum lines going to your comp inlet, wg and charge pipe. Very flimsy air fittings, broke one off when I installed my mrx kit. Same symptoms you are describing until I could get the new one installed later that day.$78 from Ford for the part.
Do you happen to know the part number on this?