Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Help please! Power loss intermittently

Hi all

I’ve had this weird issue for a while, and I can’t solve it.
Sometimes when I accelerate lightly (10% throttle max), no boost at all, the engine cuts out power completely - I’m sure the throttle is snapped shut - and the engine light comes on. This only happens for about a second, until everything returns to normal. It happens quite often now, usually from a dead stop accelerating to cruising speed. Note that at any throttle input above 10%, everything is fine and this doesn’t happen.

it’s really strange. I thought it could have been the ignition coils, but then it’d be a continuous issue and not this random intermittent one.
I’ve also put injection cleaner in to no avail.

my mechanic only saw a code relating to clutch correlation being off, but I recall when it started there was a code for throttle input A/B correlation.
It could be related to this noise I’m hearing by the timing belt - like a strange but soft whirring noise that increases with rpm (with a slight knock noise that’s quite soft and not defined - as in it doesn’t sound like hitting metal against metal).

any help will be really really appreciated.
The car is on 80 000 Km, had Revo stage 2, Airtec intercooler, intake, DV+, Downpipe and exhaust.