Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Help with High Beam install

Hypergram

1000 Post Club
So I'm in the process of installing LED high beams, but I don't know where anything goes. If you could look at the pictures and help it would be appreciated. I see the two prongs coming off the LED, but where do I plug them in? And how do I use the adapter to put them in the lamp? 755F4CC8-2B32-4D11-8161-F36FE2D853F8.jpeg CEB2CB4D-CF91-4794-A437-6097ADBF7FA5.jpeg 71EFAF69-590A-4455-BEEB-2AA304F69FB8.jpeg

danbfree

3000 Post Club
You should have posted back in the LED thread man! :)

The red wire of the new bulb stuffs into the red wire (or "+" if it isn't red) side of the old harness and the black wire of the new bulb stuffs into the black wire (or "-") side of the old harness and then it just lays inside the housing... I left detailed instructions with photos on all the rest on the LED page. So HERE is a direct link back to my post on installing the H1 high beam bulb since you got lost apparently. :)

OP
Hypergram

Hypergram

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #3
I'll copy and paste the link for this thread over in the LED thread when I'm done.
So I figured out how to get the mount in the lamp, just gotta get the prongs in place.
21498C7B-3801-4B5D-97C6-D6322709B983.jpeg

OP
Hypergram

Hypergram

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #4
You should have posted back in the LED thread man! :)

The red wire of the new bulb stuffs into the red wire (or "+" if it isn't red) side of the old harness and the black wire of the new bulb stuffs into the black wire (or "-") side of the old harness and then it just lays inside the housing... I left detailed instructions with photos on all the rest on the LED page. So HERE is a direct link back to my post on installing the H1 high beam bulb since you got lost apparently. :)
Unfortunately, I don't see any indication of what is the positive or negative part of the oe housing...

danbfree

3000 Post Club
I'll copy and paste the link for this thread over in the LED thread when I'm done.
So I figured out how to get the mount in the lamp, just gotta get the prongs in place.
OK, so I looked at my stock ones and as you have oriented in the very top picture, the black wire goes into the right side (opposite of your fingers) and the red wire stuffs into the left side your fingers are on.

OP
Hypergram

Hypergram

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #7
Yeah, my stock ones have a little "-" on the right side copper colored connection that I can't see in yours, how weird! so at least now you know! :)
Do you have easy access to your stock copper connections with the + and - so you can send a picture?

danbfree

3000 Post Club
OK, this is how they are on my current Euro's, remember they have the same H1 high beam connection exactly as the stock headlights... I had to stuff the red wire up in there at an angle, your negative should be fine... Also, didn't hurt that my positive wire is actually red on these Depo's while the factory just had a small dash on the lower right of the right copper connector, hehe...

IMG_20190814_165408.jpg

OP
Hypergram

Hypergram

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #12
OK, this is how they are on my current Euro's, remember they have the same H1 high beam connection exactly as the stock headlights... I had to stuff the red wire up in there at an angle, your negative should be fine... Also, didn't hurt that my positive wire is actually red on these Depo's while the factory just had a small dash on the lower right of the right copper connector, hehe...

View attachment 22741
I did try this configuration but didn't have any luck. I was fiddling around with it while it was plugged in and I saw a spark. Tell me I didn't break something...

danbfree

3000 Post Club
I did try this configuration but didn't have any luck. I was fiddling around with it while it was plugged in and I saw a spark. Tell me I didn't break something...
You probably just shorted something, WORST case scenario blew a fuse, but I sparked something once too and it was fine, LOL.. but look carefully at how my 2 wires are and make sure nothing exposes down the connection isn't cross-touching, you prob need some electrical tape, my buddy and I used the those insulator wrap things you see as a round circle from that direct look straight on to the end of them.

OP
Hypergram

Hypergram

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #14
You probably just shorted something, WORST case scenario blew a fuse, but I sparked something once too and it was fine, LOL.. but look carefully at how my 2 wires are and make sure nothing exposes down the connection isn't cross-touching, you prob need some electrical tape, my buddy and I used the those insulator wrap things you see as a round circle from that direct look straight on to the end of them.
So, I've tried so many configurations, yet nothing works :(. Let's say I did blow a fuse. Then what?

OP
Hypergram

Hypergram

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #16
Use you manual to check which fuse it is, I think it's the section near the passenger door... so neither side works???
The stock light on the passenger lamp still works fine, but the LED on the driver side wont no matter what... I'm gonna try and put the other light in and see if that one will work.

Edit: That didn't work either.
Edit 2: Tried the OEM Headlight, which also doesn't work. Bruh.
Edit 3: Took out the fuse. Looks pretty blown.

Last edited:

danbfree

3000 Post Club
The stock light on the passenger lamp still works fine, but the LED on the driver side wont no matter what... I'm gonna try and put the other light in and see if that one will work.

Edit: That didn't work either.
Edit 2: Tried the OEM Headlight, which also doesn't work. Bruh.
Edit 3: Took out the fuse. Looks pretty blown.
Also, sometimes those LED's run reverse polarity, you can always try the wire backwards, just don't let positive and negative cross again... LOL

OP
Hypergram

Hypergram

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #18
Also, sometimes those LED's run reverse polarity, you can always try the wire backwards, just don't let positive and negative cross again... LOL
Next time I'll give it a go after I replace the fuse. Thank you for your help!

OP
Hypergram

Hypergram

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #19
Next time I'll give it a go after I replace the fuse. Thank you for your help!
So today I got the fuse replaced, and went at it again. I tried the OEM bulb, which worked, so then I tried the LEDs, but switched the red and black wires, and bingo. For whatever reason that fixed them! Now both my high beams are nice and bright! 207C3A62-D6F1-4447-A637-090B21079F91.jpeg

danbfree

3000 Post Club
So today I got the fuse replaced, and went at it again. I tried the OEM bulb, which worked, so then I tried the LEDs, but switched the red and black wires, and bingo. For whatever reason that fixed them! Now both my high beams are nice and bright!
Nice! Glad I remembered that sometimes the polarity is switched! Now you just need to get some quick pics tonight, I wanna see how those Aukee's do for high beams!