Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Help with Loss of Power

felopr

I'm not sure the dealer has to flash it...another AP can probably overwrite it. The bigger issue is that chestermcfester doesn't and can't know what tune is currently on there and may be running the wrong fuel. He can always ask a friend who does have an AP to marry it and then unmarry so he'll be back to stock.

DEss
That is not how married /unmarried works. When you married the ap for the first time, you saved the stock flash in the ap then you flash whatever tune. When you unmarried you are flashing back whatever you saved as your stock tune back when you married it.
You can't really do a logsince when you married a ap, you are not gonna use that tune the car has already in it since the ap is gonna say is the "stock tune"
I would just take it easy until he get a ap and flash a tune he knows the car can run

That is not how married /unmarried works. When you married the ap for the first time, you saved the stock flash in the ap then you flash whatever tune. When you unmarried you are flashing back whatever you saved as your stock tune back when you married it.
You can't really do a logsince when you married a ap, you are not gonna use that tune the car has already in it since the ap is gonna say is the "stock tune"
I would just take it easy until he get a ap and flash a tune he knows the car can run
Really? Because that's directly from the manual.

'WARNING!
If a previous installation of an Accessport is detected, you will be given the option to overwrite it with a new installation. Be aware that the previous installation will be permanently lost and unrecoverable. In the case of a previous install, a stock ECU program supplied on the Accessport will be used when you uninstall.'

DEss

felopr

Really? Because that's directly from the manual.

'WARNING!
If a previous installation of an Accessport is detected, you will be given the option to overwrite it with a new installation. Be aware that the previous installation will be permanently lost and unrecoverable. In the case of a previous install, a stock ECU program supplied on the Accessport will be used when you uninstall.'

DEss
Mmm, well, normally is how i said it was but since this is a special case, and the manual says it does it like you said then i would go with that. Reps to you for reading the manual

OP
C
Thread Starter #24
I'm not sure the dealer has to flash it...another AP can probably overwrite it. The bigger issue is that chestermcfester doesn't and can't know what tune is currently on there and may be running the wrong fuel. He can always ask a friend who does have an AP to marry it and then unmarry so he'll be back to stock.

DEss
ahh i see. Ill look into getting a AP as soon as possible. Ill be taking it easy on the car until then. thanks for the info