Welcome to the #1 Focus RS Forum and Focus RS community dedicated to Focus RS owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Focus RS Forum today!

Here's whats on the 2018 Limited Edition Focus RS

Focus RS News

1000 Post Club
Staff Member

The 2018 model year will be the last for the Ford Focus RS, and to give it a proper send-off, Ford Performance is giving the hot hatch new standard features it says are inspired by enthusiasts from Facebook pages, online forums, and fan clubs.

The final edition RS gets a new Quaife mechanical-slip differential for better torque delivery in low-grip situations. The 2018 Ford Focus RS' 2.3-liter turbocharged four-cylinder engine still produces 350 hp and 350 lb-ft of torque as it did in previous model years.

Ford offers the 2018 Focus RS in a new body color: Race Red. The signature Nitrous Blue is also available. Other cosmetic embellishments, including a gloss-black roof, spoiler, and mirror caps, help differentiate limited edition models from the regular Focus RS. Ford also added RS logos on the side wings and 19-inch painted forged alloy wheels with blue RS center caps as standard.

The limited edition cars also feature interior accents such as carbon-fiber trim on the door handles and the handbrake lever and around the turbo boost gauges. The RS2 package is standard, as well. It includes Recaro seats, seat warmers, an eight-way power driver's seat, a heated steering wheel, and voice-controlled navigation.

Only 1,000 2018 Ford Focus RS models will be available to U.S. buyers, and 500 will go to Canada. Deliveries will begin in late 2017.

[video=youtube;8Wz4ObDSQlo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Wz4ObDSQlo[/video]

2018 Limited Edition Focus RS Features:
  • Quaife limited slip differential for the front axle
  • RS2 Equipment Standard
  • Gloss Black Roof
  • Gloss Black Mirrors
  • Gloss Black Roof Caps
  • Gloss Black Roof Spoiler
  • Race Red and Nitrous Blue Body Color
  • 19" Painted Allow Wheels with RS Blue Center Caps
  • Heated Side Mirrors
  • RS Logos on the Spoiler
  • Carbon Fiber Trims

Available to order in the summer for deliveries in 2017.

MKIIIRS

Staff Member
The interior carbon fiber pieces looks pretty good.

FocusMike

Meanwhile over at Subaru they shared a picture of an EVEN bigger spoiler for the STi haha.

meFiSTo

Personally, I prefer the "standard" paint job over all the black additions to the car for this special edition. LSD is nice, but that's really the only add that appeals to me (my car has the RS2 setup). Forged wheels are nice, but lighter quality wheels are available for less and I'd tilt to smaller diameter track wheels (like 18x8 or 18x8.5) for track purposes. I'd also personally lean to RE-71Rs over the Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2s. WAY cheaper and plenty of grip for my purposes for HPDE.

IMHO, you'd really only want the LSD option for serious track applications. Otherwise, it's a waste of $$$. Unless you're doing a lot of track days, it's overkill for any street driving (even, realistically, aggressive canyon carving). We're not doing that kind of stuff for time-trial benchmarking (usually). For any kind of road-going activity (I don't care how fast you're going), the benchmark is having fun. This car and its ST kin deliver a lot of that without an LSD. But, on the track, LSD is so nice.

Now, as for that STI wing, I bet that would seriously help in situations where rear-end stability is critical. Very high speed sweepers? WOT downhill long straight into all-in threshold braking zone? The wing we have is plenty for us, even in those situations. In fact, it only is essential up there in the high end of the speed range to offset the front end a little bit.

I did love those old sexy, curvy wings on the prior generation Focus WRC cars, but also overkill for our cars.

GhostRS

1000 Post Club
Staff Member
I'm wondering what the price tag will be and how stupid the dealerships are going to be about it.

MKIIIRS

Staff Member
I'm wondering what the price tag will be and how stupid the dealerships are going to be about it.
Hopefully not as much as the ‘16s when they first came out.