Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Heyo! Got my Fiesta today

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
Welcome! You'll find all kinds of info here. This is a very helpful community.

Put a lot of fuel in it and drive it!
Mess around with turning on/off ESC.
Play with tyre pressures.
Doing your own maintenance can be fun but i'd recommend looking but a service manual and finding correct torque specs (definitely borrow/rent one).
Oh and did I mention driving it? Plan routes with differences in elevation, speeds , turns. Take it auto crossing or tacking. So much good information on this forum.

One thing that does not get talked about is driver mods. I am still learning to left foot brake and trail brake properly. Checkout out sim racing or something like driver 61/Team O'neil on YouTube

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
What he said. ^ The best thing you can do to enjoy this car is developing good driving skills. This car is popular with autocrossers because it handles well and it's predictable near the ragged edge. You don't have to race it to explore what it can do, but it helps.

The first mod that's universally recommended is a new RMM (rear motor mount). The stock one is the same as the one in the base Fiesta, and it's mushy AF. That will make shifting more precise and less of a guessing game.

OP
JFDOOM
Thread Starter #10
welcome and hold on it its a special little car. Like stated above do not sell it in a year or two making you regret later you sold it. There are not that many of these out there.
A lot of guys buy these do not realize what they have.
I'm sold for life . Its truly a great car. Even my parents loved test driving
IMG_20201207_021002_719.jpg

OP
JFDOOM
Thread Starter #11
What he said. ^ The best thing you can do to enjoy this car is developing good driving skills. This car is popular with autocrossers because it handles well and it's predictable near the ragged edge. You don't have to race it to explore what it can do, but it helps.

The first mod that's universally recommended is a new RMM (rear motor mount). The stock one is the same as the one in the base Fiesta, and it's mushy AF. That will make shifting more precise and less of a guessing game.
Would you reccomend the cobb stage 1 package? Access port/RMM/High flow filter?

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran
Would you reccomend the cobb stage 1 package? Access port/RMM/High flow filter?
I would. I went with an aFE Dry panel so I didnt have to deal with oiling and cleaning. That said the motorcraft panel is probably just fine. Another one is swapping out the gear fluid to Ravenol or Motul. Lots of info on here about it. Another cheap one people like is changing your dome/interior lights to LED.