Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Hi just bought a fiesta st and need help please

Hi , just bought a 2017 fist with 20k miles and did the factory 100k warranty on it as well, that means I'm keeping it for a long time [emoji6]
I drove about 600 miles in the past 3 days with it and my tail bone is heart[emoji24].
What kind of mods do you recommend to make the ride more comfortable?
Springs? Smaller wheels? Seat cushion?
Please help[emoji120]
Thank you 20191229_153133.jpg

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

fa real? you must be a skeleton cuz my tailbone never feel pain from the recaros. The heated recaros are one of my favorite features of the car.

Probably not the car for you then. You probably need an f150. Something that'll be more gentle on your tailbone.

FJ16

Smaller wheels combined with higher profile tires will help a bit (people have differing opinions on this), and combined with a softer suspension will make the most difference. Struts and Shocks, with springs will give you the best result (or coilovers if you have the $$$ to spend).

The reality is the car just rides very rough - you can mitigate it somewhat but it's never going to be overly comfortable.

OP
N
Thread Starter #6
Probably not the car for you then. You probably need an f150. Something that'll be more gentle on your tailbone.
Haha I do have 2018 f150 in the same color as the fist which I love very much but thought about the fiesta st for too long to give it up [emoji2357]

CSM

1000 Post Club
What I would recommend:
- Downsize to 15" or 16" wheels. If you remain OEM suspension setup, 205/50/16 on a 16x7 wheel fills the wheel gap nicely and provides added comfort
- Swap out the rear shocks for Koni Orange. This is a cheap and easy way to clean up the bounciness.

If you do both of these you will notice a big improvement

OP
N
Thread Starter #8
Smaller wheels combined with higher profile tires will help a bit (people have differing opinions on this), and combined with a softer suspension will make the most difference. Struts and Shocks, with springs will give you the best result (or coilovers if you have the $$$ to spend).

The reality is the car just rides very rough - you can mitigate it somewhat but it's never going to be overly comfortable.
Can you give some samples of softer suspension examples please?

OP
N
Thread Starter #9
What I would recommend:
- Downsize to 15" or 16" wheels. If you remain OEM suspension setup, 205/50/16 on a 16x7 wheel fills the wheel gap nicely and provides added comfort
- Swap out the rear shocks for Koni Orange. This is a cheap and easy way to clean up the bounciness.

If you do both of these you will notice a big improvement
Thank you for the suggestions , swapping just the rear wont make the car look funny?

I'd swap the recaros out for the base model ones. The recaros are probably a little too form fitting and tight to your body causing the pain to your tail bone.

Hypergram

1000 Post Club
I'd swap the recaros out for the base model ones. The recaros are probably a little too form fitting and tight to your body causing the pain to your tail bone.
Not to hijack this thread but if the OP is interested in swapping the seats, I do have cloth seats for sale.

OP
N
Thread Starter #12
Hi , I'm with the stock seats.

OP
N
Thread Starter #13
fa real? you must be a skeleton cuz my tailbone never feel pain from the recaros. The heated recaros are one of my favorite features of the car.
I'm 6'5 210 pounds , not sure about the skeleton thing [emoji23]

Dayum. I guess best option for you is to go with a lower diameter rim with a larger side profile tire. Otherwise this car maybe too small for you. I know plenty of guys who got rid of their FRS/brz's cuz they were too tall for them.

RubenZZZ

1000 Post Club
6’-0”, 225lbs here on base cloth seats...

The ride is harsher than most road cars. Running 215/40/17s on the factory wheels will add sidewall and a bit more comfort. Much more so if you get all-season tires.

Be warned: what makes the Fiesta ST special is the great suspension/brake/tires from the factory. If you begin to swap out parts for more “comfortable” replacements, you’ll be taking the edge off of a cool little car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
you can try a sheepskin or memory foam seat pad thingy.
also, make sure your seat angle is correct. try adjusting your seat to as straight up as you can tolerate if you typically do the "Gangsta lean" in your car. The leaned back driving position is wrong and could be hurting your body alignment. You want a kinda squared up body triangle.

OP
N
Thread Starter #18
you can try a sheepskin or memory foam seat pad thingy.
also, make sure your seat angle is correct. try adjusting your seat to as straight up as you can tolerate if you typically do the "Gangsta lean" in your car. The leaned back driving position is wrong and could be hurting your body alignment. You want a kinda squared up body triangle.
Just ordered the memory foam thing , hope it will help and I'll try to be in more upright position thank you

OP
N
Thread Starter #19
I got to tell you guys I'm amazed by how many ppl are trying to help and how fast! I now know in how good of community I'm in! Thank you guys

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club
Be warned: what makes the Fiesta ST special is the great suspension/brake/tires from the factory. If you begin to swap out parts for more “comfortable” replacements, you’ll be taking the edge off of a cool little car.
I would agree with this, just something to keep in mind. You might consider just using this for fun shorter trips if you have more than one car.