Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

HID bulb suggestions?

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Not with The reflector style housing we have....Danbfree did an awesome write up with comparisons on LEDs as they seem to work the best .....I have the TEchMax LED bulbs....they are a very good choice of Stock halogen replacement and I have never been flashed at once while driving. Check out Danbfree thread though and decide for yourself.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

OP
igtufit
Thread Starter #6
Simple hand tools....remove headlights. Install bulbs.

Wish it had been that easy. Not exactly plug and play; rubber seals on TechMax are not the same thickness/shape as the OEMs. The seals continued to get caught & bunched up in the 'teeth' where the headlight is supposed to seat. Ended up swapping the OEM seals to the new lights. Also, the reflective material on the inside of the headlight itself is pretty flimsy so there's now dust inside the lens from missed attempts to get the lights to seat properly. And, as mentioned by another poster, the exterior rubber seals will not fit securely once the TechMax bulbs are in due to the fan connected to the end of the bulbs. Time will tell if moisture gets in there from the incomplete seal.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Been running LED bulbs with the same seals since 2016...xenon depots....Katanas....now Tech max. Seal doesn't fit perfect.....still no moisture issue. I also remove the headlights completely from the vehicle. Never had an issue installing any of them and even the xenon Depots had a ballast that fit nicely inside the housing after the bulb was placed.