Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Hid help

Has anyone had this issue before? I got HID's for all 4 lights for and headlights, and my drivers light will stop working, I'll unplug it all plug it in still nothing I switched ballast and it worked but the other light I switched it with worked also, drove around it worked great turned my car off, let it sit, turned it back on worked again so I thought I was good 30 mins later went to the store same headlight won't work again. Help plz

FocusMike

What kind of kit did you get, was it a plug and play? Try checking the connectors on the faulty side as sometimes when you drive around it may come loose. If that fails try swapping the bulbs to the other side to isolate to see if it's the ballast, bulb or loose wiring.

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Are you using your auto lights to turn on your headlights?

Dave

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Did you get a 35 Watt or a 55 Watt set?

Dave

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
So are you having the same problem by NOT using the auto lamp?

I had that problem using the auto lamp mode.
By using the manual method the problem went away.

Dave

TheStig

Which kit did you use? Just curious. Need to get one myself.
I would suggest you do not use drop in HID's in halogen headlights. Without having a proper retrofit done or a projector, you will be blinding other drivers and it also will effect your eyes. Its a major price difference, HID Projector retrofit will probably run you 500-800$ where as decent HID kits that drop in are maybe 150$, but its safety.

Lol. For those who don't want to cut into your headlights and spend $1000 on a retrofit...

A regular drop in kit works just fine. I went with 6000k 35w in the lows and 3000k 35w in the fogs.

I have little to no light refraction, cut off line is just fine, auto lights still work fine, I never get flashed, it's not a big deal.

Every website I've ever been on with cars (alot) there's always the group that says you've gotta go with a retrofit, for safety, it's not that serious. Go get out in your yard. Cut your lights on. Walk about 35 yards in front of the car and squat down to where your eye level is about 4 ft from the ground. That's what oncoming drivers will see. Eyes not burning? Face not melting? Nah, didn't think so. It's not a big deal. I'll take pics of mine if someone wants them.

TheStig

Lol. For those who don't want to cut into your headlights and spend $1000 on a retrofit...

A regular drop in kit works just fine. I went with 6000k 35w in the lows and 3000k 35w in the fogs.

I have little to no light refraction, cut off line is just fine, auto lights still work fine, I never get flashed, it's not a big deal.

Every website I've ever been on with cars (alot) there's always the group that says you've gotta go with a retrofit, for safety, it's not that serious. Go get out in your yard. Cut your lights on. Walk about 35 yards in front of the car and squat down to where your eye level is about 4 ft from the ground. That's what oncoming drivers will see. Eyes not burning? Face not melting? Nah, didn't think so. It's not a big deal. I'll take pics of mine if someone wants them.
Thats fine for you, the hundreds of cars i see per week with them dont seem to be so lucky. Nor was my 2007 Civic Si that i put an HID kit in, or my 2000 Civic Si that got the same, or my 96 Civic EX that got an HID kit aswell. They were all blinding beyond belief and i didnt notice until i got a car that came with factory HID projectors, thats when i saw the difference.

After that im anti-drop in HID kits, they are not designed for it and are dangerous. Anyone who has done it both ways will attest to this, save the money and do it proper.

Would you guys mind posting an output shot, let's say 25ft away on a wall?

Just want to see the output pictures of the hid in halogen reflectors

CarGuy

1000 Post Club
I was thinking of getting the Euro housing which have projector- style low beams and adapting them. Better light control.

Harvick

1000 Post Club
I was thinking of getting the Euro housing which have projector- style low beams and adapting them. Better light control.
That would be the ideal way of doing HID, but at $700 its a steep price.

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
The beam would probably be off due to those cars being rhd
If this is the option you choose.
Just order the set used in Germany.
These are for LHD.

They are a direct fit and are used by three members of this forum.
You will however need to add some wires to get the LEDs to work as our cars are not wired for them.

Dave