Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Hill start assist/cruise control unavailable

I know that everything points to the brake pedal switch, witch I replaced already with a parts store brand part. It remedied the problem for a few days until I drove the car to one of my friends' houses who lives on the steepest hill in Knoxville. I went to show him how the hills start assist worked but his hill was so steep that it defeated the hills start assessed and my wrench came back. Now hill start assist / wrench/cruise control not working all comes back whenever I drive the car. Do I need to just replace the switch with a genuine ford OEM switch or did I potentially hurt the car by starting up what is probably a 30% slope.

azother1

My 2015 FiST just started doing this two days ago. Is the brake switch the culprit?

Sam4

Is this available thru Forscan?? I'd like the setting where the hill assist never sets itself to ON again...
Weirdest feeling when you're a pedal-blipper like myself....

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Do I need to just replace the switch with a genuine ford OEM switch
After years as a professional Auto Tech I have found that dealer sensors and electronics do work better.
I do not know why but I had many fewer comebacks.
Also there is a very specific procedure to install the brake switch as per the Maintenance Manual.

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
Have you tried resetting the ECU/disconnecting the battery for a couple hours?
I don't remember if it was my FiST or my Abarth, but this happened on one of 'em and a battery reset resolved it. I know on the FiST at least, after you reset the battery I think the one touch windows on the drivers side window don't work until you've driven it a while after or something. WTF weird.

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
This is correct as disconnecting the battery for an hour or two erases the Adaptive Learn.
So you need to drive the car for it to learn again how to respond to the way you drive.

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
This is correct as disconnecting the battery for an hour or two erases the Adaptive Learn.
So you need to drive the car for it to learn again how to respond to the way you drive.
But why does it affect the one touch window lol. Like.. I accept it and am fine with it, I just have a burning question as to why this behavior exists :)

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
But why does it affect the one touch window lol. Like.. I accept it and am fine with it, I just have a burning question as to why this behavior exists :)
I am not 100% sure but I think it is a safety thing just like unlocking all doors.