Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Hole by Handbrake!

Major design flaw, i've lost a few things down there recently, however today I lost a ring down there.

Anyone know how to get it back? I know there are two torx screws on the side of each arm rest, but I don't think the ring is at the back, it fell down the side of the handbrake.

Appreciate any help.

Thanks

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
There is no hole in the body except for the one that the cable goes through.
That hole has a grommet and there is no way anything could go through it.
Anything that you may have dropped must be within the console plastic.

You can use the instructions here to take the console off.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bwr-Sa_14cufZ3hueV92VHRFTEU/view

Dave

me32

1000 Post Club
Maybe the uk version has something different. We dont have that hole in the us version.

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Maybe the uk version has something different. We dont have that hole in the us version.
I am sure the hole he is speaking of is the space at the rear of the handle cover between the cover and the console.
Things could fall into this space and yes, the US car has it.

All of these parts are the same in both UK and US versions.

Dave

me32

1000 Post Club
I am sure the hole he is speaking of is the space at the rear of the handle cover between the cover and the console.
Things could fall into this space and yes, the US car has it.

All of these parts are the same in both UK and US versions.

Dave
Ok didnt know

OP
B
Thread Starter #6
Ta, I managed to get it out, undid both screws at the back and lifted it slightly, cutting my fingers in the process!

FYI - There is a huge hole behind the handbrake, have a look around the other ST forums. When the handbrakes up people have lost lighters and even their own car keys. Fine when the handbrakes down mind.

I have a 64 plate FW Fez, apparently hasn't been fixed in the 2015 editions either.