Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Holy hell I'm in parts over load!

Old Mike Emerson

U.S. Navy Veteran
I've modded Ford Contours, Crown Vic's and my last project an 01 Grand Marque. A lot of junk yard scrounging, e-bay searching, lots of refurbishing old parts and modifying parts from other platforms, don't even get me started on dealing with rust, I live in Ohio after all. Now with the purchase of my 19 ST with 7k on the clock and it's from CA. by way of TX. NO RUST, and enough new parts to sink a battle ship. Good by e-bay, good by junk yards. Hello clean parts coming off and going on. No more 100k miles of caked on grease and sludge. I'll save so much money on Gojo my mods will be done in no time.

RubenZZZ

1000 Post Club
I've modded Ford Contours, Crown Vic's and my last project an 01 Grand Marque. A lot of junk yard scrounging, e-bay searching, lots of refurbishing old parts and modifying parts from other platforms, don't even get me started on dealing with rust, I live in Ohio after all. Now with the purchase of my 19 ST with 7k on the clock and it's from CA. by way of TX. NO RUST, and enough new parts to sink a battle ship. Good by e-bay, good by junk yards. Hello clean parts coming off and going on. No more 100k miles of caked on grease and sludge. I'll save so much money on Gojo my mods will be done in no time.
Lol. I know the feeling. I used to build Civics and fox Mustangs.

After buying my Fiesta, i dont need to go to the junk yard looking for upgrades. No more pulling rear ends, transmissions or engines. No more hunting down decent seats or clean dashes. I do kinda miss the hunt though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Old Mike Emerson

Old Mike Emerson

U.S. Navy Veteran
Thread Starter #4
My first car was a 1970 Nova SS 350 4-speed, bought in 1976, walking junk yards was my favorite past time. Now not so much, they are all gone in my area. [wrenchin]

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
My first car was a 1970 Nova SS 350 4-speed, bought in 1976, walking junk yards was my favorite past time. Now not so much, they are all gone in my area. [wrenchin]
Mine was a '73 Javelin with this color scheme, but nowhere near as clean. It was rusted out.
1626066434846.png
The back seat was roomy, and I made out with a lot of girls back there when I was a mere lad of 17. [smoking]

Last edited:
Mine was goldish-orange Mazda RX-3 with....wait for it....a vinyl roof (prehistoric wrap). I Krylon blacked-out the fake louvers, wiper arms, headlamp surrounds, and taillight surrounds, sprayed the stock steel wheels black but retained to ever-cool chrome trim rings. Looked a lot like this...but without the leaking roof accessory and mine had full vinyl coverage. Paid $725 to a friend on 6 months of payments. That thing went like stink. I put in a stiffer clutch. ...first clutch I ever replaced.

Attachments

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Mine was a '73 Javelin with this color scheme, but nowhere near as clean. It was rusted out.
View attachment 42042
The back seat was roomy, and I made out with a lot of girls back there when I was a mere lad of 17. [smoking]
That loveable crazy man, Tim O'Neil, is actually on the upcoming NEFR entry list with a 1969 AMX, in one of the ultimate tests of his "will it rally?" meme. LOL

If he actually shows up and bounces that thing down those very rough stage roads at speed, I will take pics and post them up. [wink]

I
Lol. I know the feeling. I used to build Civics and fox Mustangs.

After buying my Fiesta, i dont need to go to the junk yard looking for upgrades. No more pulling rear ends, transmissions or engines. No more hunting down decent seats or clean dashes. I do kinda miss the hunt though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
m still trying to find a front bumper cover for mine everything is too far away

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
That loveable crazy man, Tim O'Neil, is actually on the upcoming NEFR entry list with a 1969 AMX, in one of the ultimate tests of his "will it rally?" meme. LOL

If he actually shows up and bounces that thing down those very rough stage roads at speed, I will take pics and post them up. [wink]
Turns out he did not show up with that car, but he did vow to run it up Mt. Washington for the hillclimb. [wink] [driving]

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
I understand where you are all coming from.
I have been modifying cars forever.
I think my first one was a Chariot. ;)

My last project (before the FiST) was a 1972 Honda ST-90.
It makes a great track/pit bike.

I also have almost enough parts to build 4 more of these.
Now that I don't ride it anymore, my wife is insisting that I get rid of everything.

I also prepared a GIF file to show all the parts I have collected.
Just click the photo above.
To return use the back button.

I miss the junkyard scouring now that I have a newer Fiesta... but, I have an old, crappy work van, so I still get my junkyard fix when it breaks.

OP
Old Mike Emerson

Old Mike Emerson

U.S. Navy Veteran
Thread Starter #12
Most of the yards around Ne Ohio crush, Pull-a-Part is the only one left that will let you wander around. I do miss the old days LOL.:cry: