Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Honda's new Fit will be like the old Fit, only more so

Perry

As I'm sure everyone knows, Honda's bringing out a new Fit soon, and they promise "aggressive new styling", a "sport-tuned suspension", and it will be made at an "all-new North American facility". It even comes with an optional 6-spd manual. Unfortunately, they give it a VTEC non-boosted 4 that will generate 130 hp (and that only when you wind it up to 6600 rpm), and--wait for it, Rodmoe, 'cuz you're gonna love it--they increase the torque output all the way to 114 lb-ft at 4600 rpm!

I think they want it to be a highly efficient, sporty mini-hauler (the cargo volume is increasing to 52.7 cubic feet, and they still have the Magic Seat), and I guess they succeed, mostly. The game they're playing is indicated by the emphases in the brief anticipatory review video on their site:

[video=youtube_share;56jjoXdG4Rw]http://youtu.be/56jjoXdG4Rw[/video]

But they're still not building the car I wanted, and Ford is. C'est la vie--to each his own, I suppose. And my "own" is a Race Red FiST!

Probably not a true FiST competitor, but I bet it's great fun to drive! A real "Fit Si" would be compelling.

OP
Perry

Perry

Thread Starter #3
Oh, I never think of the Fit as a competitor for the FiST--I went from a Fit to the ST, and it's not even close. That said, Honda does have the know-how to do something like the FiST, and do it well, I would think. And by "well", I mean really, truly well. But they haven't.

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
I wish Ford had Copied the Fit Magic rear seats I just love them they lay flat and by flat i mean FLAT and 4 bolts and they come out in one complete (well two a 60 and a 40% section) piece on each side of the rear for extra weight savings at the track ..
Toss a new Honda Turbo in one and it could get Fun...

OP
Perry

Perry

Thread Starter #5
I wish Ford had Copied the Fit Magic rear seats I just love them they lay flat and by flat i mean FLAT and 4 bolts and they come out in one complete (well two a 60 and a 40% section) piece on each side of the rear for extra weight savings at the track ..
Toss a new Honda Turbo in one and it could get Fun...
Agreed. The Magic Seat is great. And they've got the technology/capability to spice up the Fit in ways which would make it very interesting, I'm sure.

A FIT Si would be amazing. That seat looks really cool. For what I've heard, they're fun to drive (though obviously not FiST-level fun). Push it to 180hp (cause you don't want to step on the Civic Si's toes) and maybe 150ft/lb of TQ, and they might have something.

Colin1337

1000 Post Club
Honda needs to hop on the turbo band wagon. They have great motors, but they just cant compete in the performance department anymore..