Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Hood (Bonnet) Deflector?

Hey Fellas!

I was looking on Craigslist for FiSTs / FiST parts and came across THIS and was curious on the Hood deflector and if anyone has this and how they feel about it? I see that Weathertech makes one for our cars (though there are no photos to be found of it) and there seems to Ford OEM ones (Found HERE) that I found online with photos (The one is the car FS posting does not look to have the Ford badge like the OEM do).

Does anyone run these? How do they look? Do you feel they help protect the hood/windshield? Do they produce any noise? Any information would be helpful because I am genuinely interested in them but I don't feel there is enough documentation or photos to warrant spending the money sight unseen or without approval from someone on here.

Available on Amazon here: https://www.amazon.com/Auto-Ventsha...eywords=fiesta+aeroskin&qid=1573934629&sr=8-1
Available on Advance Auto (Out of Stock as of 11/16/19):https://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p...r-smoke-320047/10710762-P?searchTerm=aeroskin
00202_1FEBf91xw3T_600x450.jpg vae8z-16c900-a.jpg

Last edited:
OP
Djkid1456
Thread Starter #2
UPDATE:

Alright guys, so I had found On Advance Auto that they had the same shield for 35.99 for the dark smoked shield. With a coupon code, I got it down to $29.32 with free shipping.
Finally got around to installing it today as the weather was nice. Not bad for 30 bucks shipped. Ironically, I installed this the day after ordering my carbon hood, so this hood might be for sale soon actually, so let me know if anyone needs a magnetic hood!

Found here: https://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p...r-smoke-320047/10710762-P?searchTerm=aeroskin
74869842_578073879676139_7948746994623709184_n.jpg 76751739_585028008914543_9185356465274093568_n.jpg 75442968_756212538199932_7635109060827676672_n.jpg

Last edited:

Hypergram

1000 Post Club
UPDATE:

Alright guys, so I had found On Advance Auto that they had the same shield for 35.99 for the dark smoked shield. With a coupon code, I got it down to $29.32 with free shipping.
Finally got around to installing it today as the weather was nice. Not bad for 30 bucks shipped. Ironically, I installed this the day after ordering my carbon hood, so this hood might be for sale soon actually, so let me know if anyone needs a magnetic hood!
View attachment 25202 View attachment 25203 View attachment 25204
Nice pics! What eyebrows are you running?

OP
Djkid1456
Thread Starter #4
Nice pics! What eyebrows are you running?
Thanks Man! I got them locally from a guy selling on Letgo that bought them for his SE and traded it in. He gave me the link of where he bought them from Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07VVD2MDW/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

They're pretty reasonably priced and they're real Carbon and look pretty great if you install them properly. The only issue I've had with them was the tip if the passenger side one, the weave was breaking apart (Very minorly), so I just put a dab of clear nail polish to stop the degradation. Can't even notice it and still looks great. Would still recommend.

green_henry

1000 Post Club
UPDATE:

Looks good! That's a great deal, but I couldn't find it. Do you have a link?

OP
Djkid1456
Thread Starter #6
OP
Djkid1456
Thread Starter #9

green_henry

1000 Post Club
Any update on this? Did you purchase and install?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk
I did, but I'm a little embarrassed that it's not aligned as well as it should have been -- completely my fault: that tape is STICKY and you better get it right the first time! lol It's only off by a few millimeters, so hopefully I'll be able to straighten it out next summer when the adhesive is warm.

Anyhow, for $30, it's a bargain. I also have a Magnetic FiST, so it looks just like your photos except that I removed the small gel badge on the driver side.

OP
Djkid1456
Thread Starter #12
I did, but I'm a little embarrassed that it's not aligned as well as it should have been -- completely my fault: that tape is STICKY and you better get it right the first time! lol It's only off by a few millimeters, so hopefully I'll be able to straighten it out next summer when the adhesive is warm.

Anyhow, for $30, it's a bargain. I also have a Magnetic FiST, so it looks just like your photos except that I removed the small gel badge on the driver side.
I removed that little gel badge as well, but it appears that there is a a little embossed AVS logo underneath that. Was that the case with yours as well? regardless, I think it looks great for what it cost and hopefully it protects our pretty fragile paint at least a little bit!

green_henry

1000 Post Club
I removed that little gel badge as well, but it appears that there is a a little embossed AVS logo underneath that. Was that the case with yours as well? regardless, I think it looks great for what it cost and hopefully it protects our pretty fragile paint at least a little bit!
Yes, there is an embossed logo under the badge. I guess the light angle made it more prominent in your photos. It will be interesting to see how this handles the bugs and debris next spring :)