Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Horn discussion

OP
Kyng
Thread Starter #21
Yeah I guess I cant really complain. A new horn is cheap and I never thought I would use the camera but it does help. I just thought going to a single horn was strange but I guess Ford saved some money.

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
I switched out the single on the focus because I couldn't honk at someone on the freeway. They couldn't hear me.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

OP
Kyng
Thread Starter #25
I switched out the single on the focus because I couldn't honk at someone on the freeway. They couldn't hear me.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
I used to have 4 hella horns on my WRX. It was obnoxious haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can’t think of any other cheapening, Some suspension changes but that seems sporadic... some improvements in plastic coolant and emissions lines, and brake pad materials. May be a running list somewhere. Interesting having both. The rear hubs look like a different vendor made them, probably a 100 changes or more actually. Aftermarket camera being added for the 2014, that’s a feature I like.

So there we have it.

Dual Horn:

Single Horn:
I guess I'm here to confirm that my 2019 only has a single horn!

The question is, is the harness on the 2014-2017 a single wire around 14ga that splits into two hot wires for the dual horns, or is it a thicker guage through the harness from the split? Or is it dual wires?

I'm getting ready to install Dual Hellas on my 2019 with a single horn, however I'd rather not have to build a new harness for the dual horns if I can avoid it.
IMG_5506.jpeg

IMG_5508.jpeg

IMG_5511.jpeg

Did you tap into the stock single hot wire and run it to both horns without issue?
I did indeed. I liked the combination of sound and ease of wiring. Pulling the headlight out was the hardest part but it wasn't even that bad.

Meant to add there's plenty of room to put a second horn where the stock one is located.

Intuit

3000 Post Club
The power draw spec should be listed with the replacement horns. As long as the combined horns don't exceed or equal what's on the fuse for the circuit, should be fine.

PhoenixM3

When my ‘17 was totaled by hail, I quickly bought an ‘18 to swap over any/all aftermarket parts. When I was swapping the FMIC, I noticed the dual horns and now my ‘18 has them (and an S280, stainless lines, roll restrictor, a DHM Race IC and crash bar, and so on....)

PhoenixM3

I guess I'm here to confirm that my 2019 only has a single horn!

The question is, is the harness on the 2014-2017 a single wire around 14ga that splits into two hot wires for the dual horns, or is it a thicker guage through the harness from the split? Or is it dual wires?

I'm getting ready to install Dual Hellas on my 2019 with a single horn, however I'd rather not have to build a new harness for the dual horns if I can avoid it.
View attachment 41753

View attachment 41754

View attachment 41755
Direct swap. No splicing needed. I’ll verify, but I’m 99% certain I added the second horn without issue.

When '60s and '70s Cadillacs were plentiful in junk yards, I made a side gig from pulling the quad-tone horn setups in those cars (notes were A, C, D, F, sounded like a train). I cleaned up the horns, made dual relay harnesses and sold the kits to people who complained that nobody heard their horns.

My wife came home upset that she honked at someone in her Honda CRV and they didn't hear her. So I put my last set of Cadillacs in her car. Sounds awesome and commands respect. If you can find an early 90s Buick Park Avenue or Olds 98 in a yard, some of them still have four-horn setups.

Intuit

3000 Post Club
When '60s and '70s Cadillacs were plentiful in junk yards, I made a side gig from pulling the quad-tone horn setups in those cars (notes were A, C, D, F, sounded like a train). I cleaned up the horns, made dual relay harnesses and sold the kits to people who complained that nobody heard their horns.

My wife came home upset that she honked at someone in her Honda CRV and they didn't hear her. So I put my last set of Cadillacs in her car. Sounds awesome and commands respect. If you can find an early 90s Buick Park Avenue or Olds 98 in a yard, some of them still have four-horn setups.
There are plenty of videos of people just driving around scaring people with their SSUUPPEERR loud horns. I recall one where the dude was so angry after having been startled, it looked like he considered pulling out his piece.