Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

How are y'all mounting your access ports !??

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club
I mounted mine using high strength velcro. It's a clean set-up. I know most people actually use a mount....

Attachments

haste

1000 Post Club
iRing. It was given to my wife by her mother for her phone but I found a better use for it.

The cable can be stowed behind the steering wheel when not in use(picture 3). My wife just leaves it attached all the time and it's her daily driver.

Spaceman_Spiff

I mounted mine using high strength velcro. It's a clean set-up. I know most people actually use a mount....
And what's holding the Velcro on? I guess it comes with a better adhesive than standard Velcro that won't come off in the heat?

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club
And what's holding the Velcro on? I guess it comes with a better adhesive than standard Velcro that won't come off in the heat?
Yes, it's like a big block of 3M tape. It works well considering I live in Texas. I did use the cheaper velcro strips and that didn't last very long. lol. The old ones adhesive melted on really hot days. This has made it through TWO hot summers. [thumb]

DaveG99

Suction Cup Windshield 9-Inch Mount with 17mm Ball Joint for Garmin Nuvi (Black)

Its like $10 And suction cup attaches to small triangular window. They work great

+1 with DaveG99. Grabbed it off Amazon. It's cheap, mounts up to the ball joint and is super adjustable. The suction cup is very good quality as well.

I used the suction cup and arm from an old Garmin GPS unit. Just attach to the windshield as shown in the picture. I like that it is heads up and I can see the readings all the time without looking away from the road. Since this picture I have it tucked down a little lower and to the left on the windshield.

Ford Fiesta ST by Mark Stead, on Flickr

I bought the A-pillar mount sold by Cobb. Yes it's expensive but it's a great product.

TDavis

1000 Post Club
To go off topic a bit. I'm planning on a accessport as my next purchase. After you load a tune and do some data logs, why have it always mounted? What data fields do you feel are necessary to constantly keep an eye on? Is the tune that unsafe that you feel like you have to constantly monitor whats going on? Honestly just curious. I personally don't want to look at that thing again until I need to get a data log or reflash for whatever reason.

To go off topic a bit. I'm planning on a accessport as my next purchase. After you load a tune and do some data logs, why have it always mounted? What data fields do you feel are necessary to constantly keep an eye on? Is the tune that unsafe that you feel like you have to constantly monitor whats going on? Honestly just curious. I personally don't want to look at that thing again until I need to get a data log or reflash for whatever reason.

I almost never have my AP plugged in. I only plug it in to change maps (which happens quite frequently as I go between E30 and 93OCT depending on my driving schedule for the week. Also compete in HS so have to go down to Stage 0 for events.

Aside from using it to change maps, I'll leave it mounted for a day or two after switching maps, but always disconnect it and hide it in the glove box while it is parked. I do this until the OAR goes down to -1.00 and stays there. Some maps will start at -0.50. Some maps will start at 0. Some maps are super conservative and start at 0.50. In any case, you should monitor the AP until you see it steady at -1.00. At that point, you know you aren't detonating and can drive it as you'd like.

Datalogging, well it definitely has its uses but when you lack the ability to modify the tune, then what good is monitoring the values? I am quite frankly frustrated by the lack of user integration into the tuning of APs. Like, tuners should be selling the AP along with a set of tolerance values for specific settings so we actually do get the most out of each of our individual vehicles. IF you go beyond that range, or even modify it within range without monitoring data, then you're on your own. /rant
But it is also nice to customize your datalogs to see exactly what you want, RPM, temps, OAR, AFR, WBDC, Boost, etc etc. But without the ability to adjust, they are really just numbers you cannot influence.