Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

How do I cut the front bumper?

Based

How do I cut the front middle piece of the bumper off? I want to cut the little center grille piece out and the bottom part of the bumper.

frankiefiesta

1000 Post Club
Pull the bottom grill out. Use a saw or something to cut the rest out. Just know, it's permanent. I also think it looks pretty stupid to cut the bottom of the grill out. I've seen it done a few times, looks bad IMO

OP
B

Based

Thread Starter #3
That's my main question. I don't know what I should use to cut it with so it doesn't look bad or mess up the paint

TUX15ST

You cant cut it without messing up the paint or looking bad because its part of the bumper lol, your going to see it no matter what you do. just remove the lower grill and leave it, looks better anyway

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
You were planning on cutting out the WHOLE section of the bottom most part of the bumper/fascia along the complete width of the bottom grille? [???:)]

Exacto knife will cut the slats off, or a dremel. The grill just pulls off from the front

Yah and id assume you'd lose some structural support of the bumper too.
Which structurally supports... what exactly? It's just there to keep your frontend pretty, protect the radiator, and house your foglights. Cutting away that material shouldn't hurt anything structurally, but I don't think it looks "better" either.

Which structurally supports... what exactly? It's just there to keep your frontend pretty, protect the radiator, and house your foglights. Cutting away that material shouldn't hurt anything structurally, but I don't think it looks "better" either.
I guess i "assumed" wrong i just figured when you chop out a big chunk of plastic from a solid piece during a crash or something, that would possibly be considered a weak point in support of the bumper.

dhminer

2000 Post Club
That's my main question. I don't know what I should use to cut it with so it doesn't look bad or mess up the paint
You can definitely tell it’s been sliced no matter how straight or symmetrical you cut it. There will be a small edge unpainted. Doesn’t stop many of us from slicing the vertical slats. Not many go full chin slice but if that’s your thing then do you homie. Dremel cutting disk works well. Progressively finer sanding to finish it off as best as you can.

I guess i "assumed" wrong i just figured when you chop out a big chunk of plastic from a solid piece during a crash or something, that would possibly be considered a weak point in support of the bumper.
It’s pretty flimsy ass piece of fiberglass. I wouldn’t worry about structural integrity at all. the two sides might sag worst case scenario. Well and your intercooler loses some protection lol