Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

How do I “pre-oil” the turbo?

PhoenixM3

All, I know there is some dick dance to crank the car by using the brake and gas pedals, but Ive never done it and am not sure what the procedure is called. I know Ihave to crank, but not start the motor to ensure the turbo has oil..... Please help!

OP
PhoenixM3

PhoenixM3

Thread Starter #8
Yeah the car will not start with the gas pedal to floor.
I would probably do that about two times.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk
Thanks, that worked. I did it 3 times and let the starter rest a bit. After that, she fired right up, no boost nor exhaust leaks so far, and she goes like a scalded ape. I’m pushing too much boost on the base map, so I’ll triple check I’ve got the correct map loaded, and take her easy for a bit.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Doesn't need to occur as the System still has residual oil from the previous OC and the Turbo is already adequately lubricated and no longer Dry. Plus we are liquid cooled Turbos so no need to worry about coking the Turdbo.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I do it to build pressure/circulate fresh oil for the WHOLE SYSTEM before starting, (bearings, mains, etc., etc.) NOT solely for the snail's sake.
I even did this on my naturally aspirated LS1 after oil changes. [wink]

Ummmm so im priming the shirt out of the oil system and I'm not getting any oil from the feed line.... Wtf is going on.
I got a crank time exceeded error but still have no oil.
There's fresh oil in the pan... Before anyone gets wise