Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

How do you get into your Fiesta ST?

How do you get into your Fiesta ST?

• Leg first

Votes: 57 75.0%
  • Butt first

Votes: 19 25.0%

• Total voters

FocusMike

I get in leg first while my wife gets in butt first. How do you guys get into your Fiesta ST?

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Butt first to protect my Recaros lol.

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Through the door.

Leg first getting in however getting out is more the trick.

Dave

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Right Leg first ...lift up...plop into seat...then bring left leg in as not to scratch or scuff that stupid integrated bottle holder in the low door panel...LOL

When I sold my Audi S4 each potential buyer couldn't believe the condition of the seats at 100K miles... It's a true testament to respecting the bolsters when you get in and I have to be even more conscious of it in the FiST due to the huge bolsters. I give my wife the evil eye every time she gets in a stuffs her ass into the bolster and slides down and in... Absolutely infuriates me! [mad] She's learned not to do it at least when I'm around. Her GTI had 40K on it when we got rid of it and the drivers side bolster was 3 times more worn than my Audi with 100K on it... Women...

LOL I know that feeling. Every damn passenger anchors their ass on the bolster and slides down the side into the seat. Grrr

westcoaST

1000 Post Club
Head first like dukes of hazard[rofl] No I put my right leg in then lift my arse onto the seat, no bolster lounging for me, then left leg in. Getting comfortable takes at least a block as I have to scootch left and right until I'm positioned correctly in the seat. Getting out is harder. I rotate my butt on the seat, careful not to hit or compress the bolster. Then scootch my butt towards the door. Grab the area at the top of the door and push myself off. This is due to right elbow and left knee motorcycle injuries. Doing it this way saves my bolster and the messed up body parts, but sometimes I gotta push back in the rubber seal at the top of the door.

Damn, westcoaST, you beat me to it - I was going to say run at car, slide across hood, head first through window! Actually, I had to really think about this, as it's sort of a reflex action. Leg first, but then again, no Recaros.

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
I go butt first and have gotten into the habit of sliding my seat all the way back before i get out so when I plop my butt back in i can swing my legs in and hoist the walker over to the passenger side LOL no not really about the walker but some days it feels that way..

Only if i step in dirt or a puddle or grass or something do i go butt first so i can tap my shoes together a few times before i put my feet in.

I'm too used to tapping my feet before I step in the carpet. Butt first, but I do try to avoid the bolster as much as I can.

right leg in, butt in the seat, left leg in

going out is the exact reverse, pushing myself out with my right foot. All of that trying not to put weight on the bolster

Izzy

When I sold my Audi S4 each potential buyer couldn't believe the condition of the seats at 100K miles... It's a true testament to respecting the bolsters when you get in and I have to be even more conscious of it in the FiST due to the huge bolsters. I give my wife the evil eye every time she gets in a stuffs her ass into the bolster and slides down and in... Absolutely infuriates me! [mad] She's learned not to do it at least when I'm around. Her GTI had 40K on it when we got rid of it and the drivers side bolster was 3 times more worn than my Audi with 100K on it... Women...
OMG!! I'm soo with you on this!!!

I put right foot on the No-Pistons footrest to prop me up so I don't touch the bolster. Once in bring left leg in avoiding door cup holder bulge. I keep the steering wheel nearly all the way down so butt first won't work cause my knees would hit the steering wheel. I have a bad right knee with ACL reconstruction (Mar. 97') and a recent (Nov. 14') meniscus repair so butt 1st is really out of the ?.

Perfblue15

1000 Post Club
I jump in through the window like the dukes of Hazzard. ...

Edit I was way beaten to the punch curse you tapa talk and view newest post