Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

How many have experienced issues shifting into first gear?

This has happened to me twice where I was not able to shift into first gear no matter how much I've depress the clutch. Wondering if this has happened to anyone else?
In the owners manual it says to "depress the clutch for three seconds before engaging reverse" so I applied that method to first gear and have had less issues, I usually get blocked from first gear at a red light when I rush the car into gear without holding the clutch very long. Just take your time and don't rush the gear changes.... its not a Honda!

koozy

3000 Post Club
I no longer have this issue. It's hasn't left me stuck trying to get into 1st gear from a stop. I attribute it to break-in, because once I was past 1,500 miles of urban city traffic shifting it's been a none issue and has been smooth as butter for every gear in general.

me32

1000 Post Club
I've had this same issue. Reminds me when I owned my fox 5.0 with a T5

iso100

1000 Post Club
I just pull back into second before selecting 1st.

I no longer have this issue. It's hasn't left me stuck trying to get into 1st gear from a stop. I attribute it to break-in, because once I was past 1,500 miles of urban city traffic shifting it's been a none issue and has been smooth as butter for every gear in general.
I'm at about 625 miles now and I haven't had the shifting issue happen again. Guess it needs to break in a bit?

Shmi

I have had it reoccur but not as badly. Like I just needed to try again once and it went into gear easily. I'm at 5000 miles right now. Not too worried about it though as its extremely rare, maybe once every 1500 miles so far and not too impactful.

JPGC

2000 Post Club
I have had it happen once or twice. I was used to it with my mustang, so I just put it in second and went on my way.