Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

How many issues have you had?

The quality is kind of appaling for the price these things sold new. My car sold for $32,000 canadian!!!!! The paint is horrible, rust has already begun in areas. My drivers door whistles and has a leak when the sunroof is on the vent setting. The push button hatch release is broken, the drivers check strap needed to be replaced. Mine has 62K miles and it honestly feels like a 10 year old car in terms of overall condition and I'm worried about how these are going to age.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

Hi everyone - a couple of issues for my '17 ST (31,000 mi) owned since new.

1) I recently had the canister purge valve replaced (small evap leak) along with the evap hose in engine bay.

2) The plastic trim piece covering the height adjustment lever on driver's seat snapped.

3) Two of the blend door motors were replaced late last year.

4) Paint chips on the back hatch between both sides of the plastic trim piece right above the license plate lamps.

5) For some reason, the hood insulator is wonky and isn't completely flush despite all rivets being present. I think droopy is the best word to describe it.

6) Fuel smell in oil, but I wonder if it will subside now that my evap system no longer leaks.

7) Squeaky clutch when its fairly hot, but that's not an issue really - whatevs.

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
2016 Sync 3 replaced and blend door actuator.......at 35K miles. Stupid dealer kept it for 7 days and drove the dog crap out of it!

rallytaff

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
BCM failed, new one installed and 2 new key fobs. All done under the extended warranty. Bearings currently being replaced along with pads and rotors. Bearings done under warranty. Paying for pads and rotors. Next is the gearbox oil and filter change at 98,000.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
What were the symptom's of the bearings going bad? was it play in the Hub or bearing noise?

rallytaff

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Mechanic took it for a test drive after having other stuff done and told me it was the bearings. I think it was play in the hub, I heard an occasional knocking when turning, but I'll ask him on Mon when I take my wife's SE in for a service. Hitting a big pothole on the 5 Fwy probably didn't help either. It took the hit on the passenger side. Didn't see it until it was too late. Anyway, car running as new now.

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
Hi everyone - a couple of issues for my '17 ST (31,000 mi) owned since new.

1) I recently had the canister purge valve replaced (small evap leak) along with the evap hose in engine bay.

2) The plastic trim piece covering the height adjustment lever on driver's seat snapped.

3) Two of the blend door motors were replaced late last year.

4) Paint chips on the back hatch between both sides of the plastic trim piece right above the license plate lamps.

5) For some reason, the hood insulator is wonky and isn't completely flush despite all rivets being present. I think droopy is the best word to describe it.

6) Fuel smell in oil, but I wonder if it will subside now that my evap system no longer leaks.

7) Squeaky clutch when its fairly hot, but that's not an issue really - whatevs.
My plastic piece broke, too. I just glued it back together and try not to mess with it.
The paint on my hatch is chipped, too. I think it rubs somehow.

Other than the inevitable chips on the hood, it's holding up pretty well.

rallytaff

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thankfully no chips on the hood. Had mine protected with a plastic film (professionally) when the car was a few weeks old. Not cheap, but way cheaper than having the hood repainted. Found a big rash under the passenger front where I'd scraped over something. I thought it would be expensive to fix. Got a body shop to peel off the covering and guess what? Not a mark on the paint underneath. That stuff is TOUGH!

27,000 miles on my 2018 and I have had one actuator go out. The interior has rattles but I expected them. Its a basic economy car at its core with a very stiff suspension and very low profile tires, so rattles were inevitable.

Still a blast to drive though!

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Except for one actuator replacement, the squeaky clutch pedal/bushing thing when above 75*F, the passenger side lower skirt separating just behind the front wheel, and of course, the effing paint bubbling at the door/hatch/hood seams, mine has been otherwise flawless for 3.5 years, and 25K miles.

NO; (other than the clutch pedal) squeaks, rattles, buzzes, excessive NVH, knocks, leaks (water into interior, oil, axle seals, or coolant) etc. whatsoever. [:)]

Last edited:

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
GODDAMNIT I KNEW IT WASN'T JUST ME.
I would say it is probably most of the FiSTs in this land have this 'symptom'.

Some have been able to alleviate this by lubing the 'correct' bushing up under the dash, at the 'correct' pedal bushing/pivot point.

I must be spraying/greasing the 'wrong' bushing/pivot point, because I sprayed the f out of what I thought was the culprit bushing with everything from HHS 2000, to Super Lube grease, to slathering it in 3M silicone paste, and NOTHING seems to work. [:(]

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
48k on a 2016

- struts leaked from brand new. I think some jerk off at the dealer was joy riding and blew them. coilovers took care of that!

- the blend door went 2 yrs ago. I haven't bothered with it.

- clutch squeak started about 3 months ago. stayed stuck in bottom position twice so may also be the slave...

- paint is junk but Ford. a bit of a relief to not have to obsess over the paint lol

- plastic mounts broke on the privacy shelf for the rear. never bothered to replace it as it sagged anyway.

that's really it. coming from VW/Audi I have to say I'm very happy with how trouble free it's been. no axle issues. no evap gas station shut offs. no rattles - none I notice anyway. still shifts great on a fresh factory 2L refill.
I think I'll replace the motor mounts soon as I'm feeling a bit more drive train movement than usual. I intend to keep her till the wheels fall off.... and then get new wheels and keep on driving!

haste

1000 Post Club
I had the clutch pedal squeak for a couple years on my '15 but it stopped at some point. I'm at 81k miles. I never tried lubing it.

rallytaff

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
48k on a 2016

- struts leaked from brand new. I think some jerk off at the dealer was joy riding and blew them. coilovers took care of that!

- the blend door went 2 yrs ago. I haven't bothered with it.

- clutch squeak started about 3 months ago. stayed stuck in bottom position twice so may also be the slave...

- paint is junk but Ford. a bit of a relief to not have to obsess over the paint lol

- plastic mounts broke on the privacy shelf for the rear. never bothered to replace it as it sagged anyway.

that's really it. coming from VW/Audi I have to say I'm very happy with how trouble free it's been. no axle issues. no evap gas station shut offs. no rattles - none I notice anyway. still shifts great on a fresh factory 2L refill.
I think I'll replace the motor mounts soon as I'm feeling a bit more drive train movement than usual. I intend to keep her till the wheels fall off.... and then get new wheels and keep on driving!
Mine is a 2014 Ingot silver and has spent all its time in the California sun outside and not in a garage. The paint looks better now that when it was new!

HBEcoBeaST

Just shy of 80k. Rear exhaust hanger broke (poly/rubber not metal).

Literally the first thing I've broken besides the blend door actuator.

$8.99 replacement for the whoosh hanger

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

8k miles and ac blend door keeps popping. I heard they go all the time so Im gonna just live with it. Even though its under warranty I dont need the dash ripped apart for what seems to be a temporary fix.