Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

How many issues have you had?

8k miles and ac blend door keeps popping. I heard they go all the time so Im gonna just live with it. Even though its under warranty I dont need the dash ripped apart for what seems to be a temporary fix.
I saw a video of a guy that said it could be replaced by removing the covers from the steering column.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have 46k on my 2015. I have never really had any problems with it, and I drive it like a scalded ape.

Only two weird things is that it's always done, which I figure just gives the car character. The temperature coming from the vents is never consistent at a given displayed temp - 72 one day might be freezing the next. I just ignore what the displayed temp is and crank it until I feel heat. And if it's over 90 degrees, the clutch pedal is a little stiff.

the duke

I forgot to add. My oil interval light won't shut off. Can't get it to reset but Ford already admitted there's a signal/ecu error and won't issue a recall. Doesn't affect the car or engine.

Intuit

3000 Post Club
2016, somewhere north of 40k.
Bouncy suspension has settled down over the tens of thousands.
Drivetrain, braking, etcetera has been pretty solid. Love the vehicle through and through. Here are the exceptions...

Paint chipping from rear hatch.
Really thin clear coat elsewhere. (more of a complaint than a problem)
Didn't take long for rust and bubbling paint to show up in hidden areas. (car is driven to dry after every rain... **not** allowed to sit wet for indefinite periods)

Water intrusion issue from new. Dealer recaulked windshield on first visit. Smelled like they recaulked everything second visit. Inside windows still fogged up after sitting through a rain in the sun. With each visit I only got new problems so I eventually fixed it myself. https://www.fiestastforum.com/threads/water-intrusion-issue-resolved.23553/

Unusual noise with sunroof tilt. Dealer replaced sunroof. Noise was different, but still present. Eventually fixed myself. Tilts and slides quieter than it's ever been. (see link above)

Clack noise on clutch release... basically as the trans is loaded. No problem found with first visit. Reproduced noise leaving the parking lot. Second visit, told them in writing it's the dual-mass flywheel, along with how to reproduce. They were to diagnose and call me prior to doing any work. Ignored... replaced axle shafts, which of course made no difference. That only resulted with new problems that I've fixed and will eventually fix.

Other than issues with "service" not resolving issues, but instead creating new ones... it's been steller. Warranty does no good of you can't trust your henchman to perform quality work.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
^^Just one of the many reasons why I avoided the sunroof like the plague (or COVID 19 LOL), and even ordered my car in to get it without one (or any other options), and yes, waited almost 6 months for them to deliver it. [wink]

My '16 has a slow oil seep from the vacuum pump gasket. The Ford dealer nearest me called it "normal" and refused to replace the gasket. At 37k miles now, but I'm guessing that's been seeping since new (I'm the second owner). The parking brake is also a bit loose (again, called "normal" by the dealer) but it works. Nothing else found so far after about a month of having it.

The '15 I had previously had literally zero issues. Bought it at 18k miles, it was totaled at about 30k miles. The clutch pedal squeaked when hot, that's about it.

Fiestig

2017 39K miles and my raise/lower handle for the drivers seat broke. Weird part is that I only used it twice.

Steering wheel cover is flaking.

I also noticed paint coming up on the inside bottom edge of the hatch last time I opened it. Looks like bad prep. I will hop by the dealer in the next couple weeks. They are not fans of mine, which makes it all the more fun....lol. However they have been mysteriously looking for a painter to fix a factory dime size blotch on the roof for 7 months. About time to remind them again.

All else has been quite good. No problems otherwise

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
2017 39K miles and my raise/lower handle for the drivers seat broke. Weird part is that I only used it twice.

Steering wheel cover is flaking.

I also noticed paint coming up on the inside bottom edge of the hatch last time I opened it. Looks like bad prep. I will hop by the dealer in the next couple weeks. They are not fans of mine, which makes it all the more fun....lol. However they have been mysteriously looking for a painter to fix a factory dime size blotch on the roof for 7 months. About time to remind them again.

All else has been quite good. No problems otherwise
You are out by Mileage....not by years though. Might find a good dealer who will take care of you. I found paint issues on my hatch between the liftgate handle and the body. ferd told me to beat feet at 37k and I was out by mileage but under by year like you. Left them a SCATHING REVIEW on google. Got a Phone call begging me to come in and talk about it and take the review down. I called them back and told the Owner/ service manager that it stays to show people how much ferd cares about its customers and the Quality of their paint. I told him it would come down IF he would guarantee the Paint on my FiSTas long as I owned it. (Crickets)....He avoided answering it ....I knew I was pushing my limits but had nothing to lose so who cares...right? Right then...I decided it would be the last ferd I buy New and maybe the last I would ever own used also. I will remedy the paint myself and buy another manufacturers vehicle when it comes time. Good luck man!

Last edited:

Fiestig

You are out by Mileage....not by years though. Might find a good dealer who will take care of you. I found paint issues on my hatch between the liftgate handle and the body. ferd told me to beat feet at 37k and I was out by mileage but under by year like you. Left them a SCATHING REVIEW on google. Got a Phone call begging me to come in and talk about it and take the review down. I called them back and told the Owner/ service manager that it stays to show people how much ferd cares about its customers and they Quality of their paint. I told him it would come down IF he would guarantee the Paint on my FiSTas long as I owned it. (Crickets)....He avoided answering it ....I knew I was pushing my limits but had nothing to lose so who cares...right? Right then...I decided it would be the last ferd I buy New and maybe the last I would ever own used also. I will remedy the paint myself and buy another manufacturers vehicle when it comes time. Good luck man!
Thanks, I am not too terribly concerned. I am sure I can get it remedied without issue considering I would base the argument on prep for adhesion and rust protection which would be based on the corrosion warranty instead of paint. I will say that the tri-coat white is the thinnest layer of paint I think I have ever seen.

I'm at 66k: the slack oem cooling system was something I didn't like (fixed with Mountune radiator), and the only issue I've actually had is the vent clicking (which I'm too lazy to fix). Beyond that, burning through tires like a fat kid on cake.

how often have brakes needed to be replaced? other than my blend door clicker lol i haven't had any problems that needed dealer assistance but now at 28k my brakes make horrible noises especially when warm when I'm coming to a stop or at slow downhill slow downs like my driveway

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
how often have brakes needed to be replaced? other than my blend door clicker lol i haven't had any problems that needed dealer assistance but now at 28k my brakes make horrible noises especially when warm when I'm coming to a stop or at slow downhill slow downs like my driveway
Need to take the wheels off. Inspect pads for material left and rotors for grooves and material left with a micrometer. Even lube the pins front and rear as they tend to lose the grease and seize if not kept lubed.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

I bought my 17 new and have only put 16k on it. The only problem ive had is a weird one. Any time I have the fan on for the defrost or floor, when I first start the car air will come out of the panel vent for about 5-7 secs before it actually switches to the actual setting its on. Anybody experience anything like this?
I know this is older now but yes mine does this. I assumed it was normal.

I've got a 2015 with 113,000 miles.
I've gone through several sets of pads and rotors and four sets of tires, but I've done a lot of spirited driving as well as rideshare during the lean times when I was in SoCal.
Blend door actuator started acting up in 2016. Finally got around to replacing it and the mode door actuator last week.
I need to replace the purge valve to fix the problem with post fill up engine stumbling and the occasional code, but no fuel in the oil or anything like that.
I'm missing some paint at the edges of a few doors, but I'll take care of that soonish.
Other than those few things, it's been rock solid.

SPhilli911

53,000 miles on my 2015 and no major issues that weren't my fault. :ROFLMAO:
- Clicking blend door thing, I have the replacement part but the sound does not bother me anymore.
- I have the beginnings of rust forming over the rear wheels on the body panel where it meets the rear bumper